- Marine interiors play a key role in the marine sector, as maritime tourism is growing globally
- Rise in urbanization and standard of living has increased the demand for yachts, cruises, powerboats, etc., among people. Cruise vessels and yachts are primarily utilized for pleasure activities and hence, their interior plays a vital role by providing necessary comfort.
- Marine interiors can be customized according to requirements, depending on the budget
- Aluminum, composites, steel, etc., are used for marine interior owing to their superior performance in harsh environmental conditions such as humidity, and moisture content. However, composite materials are widely preferred as they are light in weight and can be fabricated into complex shapes.
- Demand for retrofit installation of marine interiors is high, as several cruise lines are focusing on refurbishment programs to upgrade the interior of their ships and reduce high capital expenditure
Key Drivers of Global Marine Interiors Market
- Demand for marine interiors has been increasing owing to a rise in tourism activities and per capita income. Furthermore, a steady rise in demand for pleasure and recreational activities around the globe is anticipated to propel the demand for marine interiors.
- Increase in refurbishment of yachts and cruises is likely to propel the demand for marine interior in the near future
- On 27 February 2020, Tillberg Design of Sweden provided design for Norwegian Cruise Line’s Encore. Encore is Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest contribution and the fourth and final ship in the Breakaway Plus class. Encore can accommodate nearly 4,000 guests. The company have been chosen to design the top guest areas onboard; all cabins and suites, the Aft Main restaurants, steakhouse, los lobos and many more restaurants and bars onboard.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Marine Interiors Market
- Based on region, the global marine interiors market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global marine interiors market in 2019. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the projected period. The marine sector in the region is well established. Europe has the highest number of powerboat, yachts, and super yachts in the world. Furthermore, boat shows and recreational activities are rising in the region. The pleasure boat industry in France has 5,435 companies that employ a total of 40,510 employees. France accounts for nearly one-third of sales and one-fifth of the fleet in Europe.
- North America held a vital share of the market in 2019 owing to the large fleet size and increase in demand for pleasure boats in the region. Rise in tourism and recreational activities is estimated to boost the demand for marine interiors during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa held moderate share of the global marine interiors market in 2019. The market in the region is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. The sea tourism industry in Asia Pacific is developing at a rapid pace. Moreover, the pleasure and recreational boat industry has started expanding in the region.
- Latin America held a relatively minor share of the global marine interiors market in 2019. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, as the countries in the region are still developing.
Key Players in Marine Interiors Market
Major players operating in the global marine interiors market are as follows:
- R&M Group
- Terence Disdale
- Tillberg Design Of Sweden
- OY Lautex AB
- Forbo Flooring Systems
- Aros Marine
- Precetti Inc.
- Marine Interiors
- Mivan Marine Ltd & MJM Marine
Global Marine Interiors Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Interiors Market, by Ship Type
- Passenger Vessels
- Cargo Vessels
- Bulk Carriers
- Cargo Ships
- Others (Dredgers and Research Vessels)
- Aircraft carriers
- Offshore Patrol Vessels
Global Marine Interiors Market, by Material
Global Marine Interiors Market, by Application
- Public Area
- Passenger Area
- Crew Area
Global Marine Interiors Market, by Installation
Global Marine Interiors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!