Marine Fuel Injection System Market: Introduction
- Marine fuel injection system is a term used for the marine fuel injector that works inside a boat or other marine vehicle, keeping its engine running in order to attain faster throttle response and better fuel flow
- The marine fuel injection system is monitored by an electronic computer system to adjust the engine’s fuel consumption, making it environmentally sustainable by minimizing carbon emission and wastage of fuel.
Key Drivers of Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market
- The marine fuel injection system market is driven by development in marine vehicle industries, mostly boats and ship building manufacturers, as the demand for personal sailboats and watercrafts is increasing
- Development in international seaborne trade has made the trade flow more efficient, which boosts the global marine fuel injection system market
- Introduction of electronic and methanol fuel injection systems enhance engine-efficiency and stringent marine regulations, due to environmental concerns, reduce emissions. This, in turn, drives the market.
- The limitation of sulfur in fuel oil used for ships has helped reduce emissions of sulfur oxides, which is playing a major beneficial role in the area of health and environment, thereby driving the marine fuel injection system market
- Increase in number of commercial vessels due to global shipping demand is boosting the marine fuel injection system market
- Efficiency and performance advantages of the electronically managed common rail (CR) fuel injection technology is making an entirely a new category for smaller leisure boat owners and commercial vessel operators, which in turn is propelling the marine fuel injection system market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Governments of various countries have enforced nationwide lockdowns as part of measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. This has hampered the demand for marine fuel injection systems, as transport restrictions, globally, have hindered trade, incurring losses temporarily and delayed the projects planned for enhancement of the system.
- In April 2018 Rolls-Royce and Woodward Inc. signed an agreement for Woodward to acquire the fuel injection specialist L’Orange
- In Nov 2017, Scania included a new six-cylinder 13-liter inline engine in its marine engine portfolio. It provides power output of 650 HP to 925 HP with reduced fuel consumption.
- YANMAR Marine International launched the compact 3-cylinder ‘YANMAR 3JH40’, as the smallest common rail (CR) inboard diesel engine, delivering an output of 40 mph, offering enhanced performance and efficiency for smaller leisure boat owners and commercial vessel operators
- The initial GHG strategy was focused in particular on the reduction of carbon emission by at least 40% by 2030 for the welfare of environment; henceforth, working toward the reduction of greenhouse gases
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Marine Fuel Injection System Market
- The global marine fuel energy system market is expected to be led by Asia Pacific, as major ship building countries, such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India, are part of the region
- North America holds a vital share in the global market due to increase in seaborne trade in the region, making it a prominent player in the global marine fuel injection system market
- Europe is also successful in maintaining it potential, owing to the expansion of ship building industries across the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global market are:
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Delphi Automotive Plc.
- Rolls-Royce Holding Plc.
- Woodward Inc.
- Liebherr International
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market, by Application
- Inland Waterways
- Commercial Vessels
- Offshore Support Vessels
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market, by Product Type
- Pump-Line-Nozzle System
- Common Rail System
- Other Injection system
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market, by Component
- Fuel Injector
- Fuel Pump
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Fuel Valves
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market, by Engine Type
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market, by Injector Type
- Cooled Fuel Injector
- Uncooled Fuel Injector
Global Marine Fuel Injection System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa