Marine Deck Machinery: Introduction
- Marine deck machinery, also commonly called ship deck machinery, is mechanical machinery installed on a ship’s deck for the purpose of ship docking, loading/unloading of cargo, and boarding and de-boarding of passengers. Various types of marine deck machineries are found on modern cargo ships such as anchor-handling equipment, hatch covers, cargo-handling equipment, and mooring equipment. Necessary equipment/items other than these machineries, such as watertight doors, davit for lifeboats and life-rafts, emergency equipment, stabilizers, and bow thrusters, are also found on ships.
- Marine transportation and travelling is more efficient and less costly than road transport and aerial transport. Different types of cargoes and cargoes of large size can be transported by using ships. Rapid industrial growth across the globe and rise in imports and exports among countries are augmenting the demand for cargo transportation and passenger travel. This, in turn, is generating the demand for marine deck machinery, which ensures safety of passengers and cargoes on ship.
Key Drivers of Global Marine Deck Machinery Market
- The world is witnessing technological advancements and growth of industries at a rapid pace. This growth is driving the demand for materials and minerals, new machineries, and equipment in developing as well as developed nations. Import and export of these new machineries, equipment, and minerals from one country to another is fueling the global transportation sector. Since the shipping industry is responsible for approximately 90% of the world trade, transport of cargo by ships is increasing. The only drawback of longer transit time in marine transport can be easily overcome by shipping larger cargoes. Thus, the demand for marine deck machineries useful for loading/unloading of cargo and boarding and de-boarding of passengers is on the rise. This factor is driving the global marine deck machinery market.
- Owing to increase in population, the demand for precious metals, minerals, automotive vehicles, construction equipment, and manufacturing machineries is increasing. This rising demand is rapidly draining the available mining resources. Various countries are seeking to enter into a contract with the International Seabed Authority in order to get an exclusive right to search for a particular metal or mineral in deep seas. This is increasing the number of expeditions in deep seas for finding possible mining sites for precious metals and minerals. Ships carrying deep-diving instruments for the mining purpose would require various deck machineries such as anchor-handling equipment, hatch covers, and cargo-handling equipment for easier handling; and watertight doors, lifeboats and life-rafts, emergency equipment, stabilizers, and bow thrusters for increased safety. All these factors indicate rise in the demand for marine deck machinery worldwide.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Transportation Industry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Due to the recent technological developments and rise in population, the demand for new machineries and equipment in manufacturing, construction, automotive, and agriculture sector is increasing. These equipment and machineries are imported or exported. This increases the demand for transportation. Owing to low freight rates and larger capacities, shipping is a preferred mode of transport. These all factors drive the global marine deck machinery market.
Lack of Skilled Labor for Marine Deck Machineries a Challenge for Market
- Owing to longer routes, ships may stay in seas for a longer time. In case of malfunction of deck machinery, an entire operation dependent on that particular machinery may stop, thereby hampering the dependent tasks. Skilled labor is required for maintenance in case of failure of deck machinery. Requirement of skilled labor for maintenance is a challenge for the global marine deck machinery market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Marine Deck Machinery Market
- Growth of the domestic shipbuilding industry in China is one of the key driving factors for the marine deck machineries market in Asia Pacific. Several investors have planned for long-term investments in the shipbuilding industry in China.
- Asia Pacific has the largest population across the world. Rise in the demand for accommodation and increase in the life standards are propelling manufacturing, consumer goods, construction, automotive, and mining industries in the region. All these factors indicate growth of the shipping transport industry, which propels the global marine deck machinery market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Marine Deck Machinery Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Marine Deck Machinery Market
The global marine deck machinery market is highly concentrated among the top few manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global marine deck machinery market are:
- TaiXing Expansion Marine Equipment Co., Ltd. (EME)
- TUF Marine (Chongqing Perpetual Imp & Exp. Co., Ltd.)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Marine Equipments Pellegrini
- MacGregor (Cargotec)
- China Shipbuilding Industry Company Limited
- Coastal Marine Equipment Incorporated
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation Limited
- KUAN MARINE SERVICES PTE LTD
- TTS Group ASA
- PALFINGER AG
Global Marine Deck Machinery Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Deck Machinery Market, by Type of Ship
- Leisure (Cruise)
Global Marine Deck Machinery Market, by System Type
Global Marine Deck Machinery Market, by Product Type
- Lifting and Handling Equipment
- Anchoring System
Global Marine Deck Machinery Market, by End-use Industry
Global Marine Deck Machinery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.