Manganese Sulfate: Introduction
- Magnesium sulfate (MgSO4) is a chemical compound that contains magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It occurs naturally in seawater, mineral springs, as well as in minerals such as kieserite and epsomite. Magnesium sulfate is commercially available in various types, including heptahydrate, monohydrate, anhydrous, and dried. Magnesium heptahydrate, also known as Epsom salt, is a commonly available form of magnesium sulfate.
- Currently, manganese sulfate is primarily used in agricultural fields, especially in feed and fertilizer fields. Battery grade manganese sulfate is used in cathode materials of lithium batteries, driven by the fast growth in the global demand for electric vehicles, especially in China and Europe.
- Magnesium sulfate is an essential nutrient for plant growth; it enhances food quality. Magnesium (Mg) plays a vital role in chlorophyll formation and photosynthesis. It influences various metallic processes and reactions such as photophosphorylation (i.e., ATP formation in chloroplasts), photosynthetic carbon dioxide (CO2) fixation, protein synthesis, partitioning and utilization of photo-assimilates, generation of reactive oxygen species, and photooxidation in leaf tissues. These processes and reactions are important in the growth phase of the plants and to gain high yields.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Manganese Sulfate Market
- Increase in need for attaining high agricultural yields and significant growth of the agricultural industry across the globe are expected to be key drivers of the market in the next few years. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, the global agricultural industry is expected to surpass US$ 4.1 Trn by the end of 2022, registering a CAGR of around 4%.
- Rise in adoption of magnesium sulfate in the personal care & cosmetics industry for the formulation of a variety of personal care essentials, including hair products, skin care products, sun-tan products, and skin fresheners, is anticipated to boost the global magnesium sulfate market during the forecast period
Manganese Sulfate: Form Segment
- In terms of form, the global manganese sulfate market can be segmented into crystal, powder, and granules
- The crystal segment is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the high demand for crystal form of manganese sulfate in the production of agrochemicals, textiles, and food and beverages
Manganese Sulfate: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global manganese sulfate market can be divided into fertilizer, medical, food additive, industrial, chemical, and others
- The fertilizer segment is expected to account for the major share of the market in the near future. Rise in demand for magnesium sulfate as fertilizer in the agricultural industry is likely to boost the segment during the forecast period.
- The medical segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
Covid-19 Impact on Manganese Sulfate Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the globally integrated industries, including automotive, industrial, and manufacturing. It has hampered the production and supply chain significantly. Manufacturing industries came to a complete halt due to lockdown measures adopted by various countries to curb the spread of the COVID-19 disease. This hindered production activities of manganese sulfate significantly.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Manganese Sulfate Market
- In terms of region, the global manganese sulfate market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is one of the major regions for fertilizers. The arable land in India and other emerging economies in the region has been declining due to the expanding industrial sector. This has created pressure on farmers to increase the agricultural yield. This is driving the adoption of fertilizers. Thus, growth of the agricultural industry and increase in need to attain high agricultural yield are factors likely to boost the demand for magnesium sulfate in the production of fertilizers. This is projected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Manganese Sulfate Market
The global manganese sulfate market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global manganese sulfate market include:
- Prince (ERACHEM Comilog)
- Compania de Minas Buenaventura
- GoodEarth India
- RMCPL Group
- CITIC Dameng
- Lantian Chemical
- Qingyunshang Mn Industry
- Guizhou Dalong Huicheng
- Guangxi Yuanchen Manganese
- Rech Chemical
- Haolin Chemical
- Guangxi Detian Chemical Cycle
- Guizhou Redstar Developing
- Fujian Liancheng Manganese
- Guangxi Menghua Technology
- Hunan Yueyang Sanxiang
Global Manganese Sulfate Market: Research Scope
Global Manganese Sulfate Market, by Form
Global Manganese Sulfate Market, by Type
- Heptahydrate (Epsom Salt)
Global Manganese Sulfate Market, by Application
- Food Additive
Global Manganese Sulfate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.