Mandelic Acid: Introduction
- Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. It is a white crystalline solid that is soluble in water and organic solvents. Mandelic acid is an aromatic compound. It is a key ingredient in medicine and cosmetic industries. It is extracted from bitter almonds and is used as a drug and antimicrobial in personal care and pharmaceutical products.
- Mandelic acid is one of the beneficial ingredients that is gentle on the skin and includes ingredients that help resolve specific skin issues such as hyperpigmentation, acne, skin texture, and effects of aging, thereby improving the overall skin texture and appearance
- It is used in production of chemicals, which are employed in various industries including electronics during the manufacturing process
Key Drivers and Restraints of Mandelic Acid Market
- Mandelic acid improves the appearance of skin, as it possesses antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It meets consumer need for personal care products, as it helps in the removal of dead skin, repairing of damaged skin, treating freckles, and developing an anti-aging method. Thus, increase in consumer demand for personal care products is boosting the demand for mandelic acid.
- Mandelic acid is used as one of the key raw materials in dye and pigment manufacturing in the textile industry. Rise in production and distribution of textiles is boosting the demand for mandelic acid.
- Mandelic acid is used in the production of fine chemical reagents, which are used in various industries including electronics during the manufacturing process. Rise in advancement of electronic products is driving the mandelic acid market.
- Mandelic acid can be used with methenamine to produce mandelamine, which is often used to treat urinary tract infections (UTI). It used as an essential ingredient for the manufacture of various medicines.
- A few individuals can experience side effects of mandelic acid. It might not suit every individual’s skin. This is likely to hamper the mandelic acid market.
COVID-19 Impact on Mandelic Acid Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of mandelic acid came to rest as several governments and private sector businesses ceased operations due to the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of mandelic acid came to a halt across the globe due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc., thus resulting in contraction of the mandelic acid market
Mandelic Acid Market Segmentation, by Type
- Based on type, the mandelic acid market can be categorized into DL mandelic acid, L mandelic acid, and D mandelic acid
- The DL mandelic acid segment holds major share of the global mandelic acid market. DL mandelic acid is extensively used in cosmetic and personal care products due to its antibacterial property that rejuvenates damaged and aged skin.
- L mandelic acid is used extensively in the pharmaceutical industry for the manufacture of various medicines
Mandelic Acid Market Segmentation, by Application
- Based on application, the mandelic acid market can be segregated into pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & personal care, API synthesis, textiles & dye intermediates, and others
- Cosmetics & personal care is the largest growing segment, as mandelic acid is widely used in personal care & cosmetics products owing to its ability to exfoliate and rejuvenate skin. Furthermore, it is used as an exfoliating agent before cosmetic surgeries.
North America Holds Major Share of Mandelic Acid Market
Based on region, the market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Demand for mandelic acid is expected to rise in North America due to increase in advancements in the pharmaceuticals & drug manufacturing industry
- Adoption of personal care products due to rising consumer concern about hygiene, skincare, and hair care is expected to boost the mandelic acid market in Europe
- Dye intermediates used in the textile industry comprises mandelic acid. Hence, expansion of the textile industry in Asia Pacific is estimated to propel the market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Mandelic Acid Market
The mandelic acid market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in global mandelic acid market include:
- Hanhong Group
- Evonik Industries AG
- BASF SE
- Sigma Aldrich
- Alfa Aesar
- Biosynth Carbosynth
- Runder Pharmda
- Xinhetai Science and Technology
- Smart Chemicals
- R.L. Chemicals
- Keyuan Biopharma
- Shengyu Chemical
Mandelic Acid Market: Research Scope
Mandelic Acid Market, by Type
- DL Mandelic Acid
- L Mandelic Acid
- D Mandelic Acid
Mandelic Acid Market, by Application
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Textiles & Dye Intermediates
Global Mandelic Acid Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.