A man-portable communication system is considered to be a compact and strong amplification system which is used in field and defense communications. It is used for secure voice as well as data applications with anti-jamming features and can reduce noises such as from vehicles, sirens, military tanks and crowds, so as to generate a clear message. The lifecycle of the man-portable communication system is approximately around 10 years and the upgradation related to software and hardware are done in the midlife of the systems and are interdependent on the lifecycle of each other. The future of man-portable communication systems will be the software defined radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs).
Based on the platform types the man-portable communication systems market is segmented into land, airborne and naval. The land-based systems dominate the market with major share as compared to airborne and naval. Further, the segmentation of the market according to the applications includes software defined radios, satellite communication (SATCOM), portable intercom, military walkie talkie, transceiver smartphones, encryption, two-way radios and military earpiece for walkie radio headphones. Software defined radio (SDR) technology provides flexibility, cost reduction and power to drive the communications with wide-reachability.
One of the major factors driving the man-portable communication systems market is the soldier level information required by command and control (C2) systems. The C2 systems are based on service oriented architecture and built on common data standards. C2 systems integrate applications that enable the commanders and staff to seamlessly exchange a large number of tactical information between the forces. Another factor aiding the growth of man-portable communication systems market is the increasing demand for advanced communication systems with reduced size, weight, and power consumption in defense application.
Further, the defense modernization programs in various countries are also anticipated to lead to increased growth of man-portable communication systems market during the coming years. However, reduction in defense budgets is one of the potential challenges for this industry. Increasing focus on reducing soldier’s burden is anticipated to witness innovative low power, light weight man-portable military communication system products in near future, thus fueling the demand ahead. Defense ministries around the world are investing on research and development projects for reducing the size, weight and power consumption of man-portable military communication systems. For instance, the UK ministry of defense funded a program named Reducing the Burden on the Dismounted Soldier (RBDS) which aimed to reduce the load on soldier to not more than 25 kg. Additionally, the U.S. undertook a similar program called Nett Warrior owing to which they made substantial progress in reducing the weight on soldiers while delivering highly advanced the advanced capabilities. The major technological trend in man-portable communication systems market includes integration across various platforms for smooth net-centric environment, where users can access real-time data. Defense companies are significantly improving the productivity in man-portable communication systems market, with compliance to government regulations. The need for high frequency and bandwidth in this industry will further expand the man-portable communication systems market in the future.
Some of the major players in man-portable communication systems market are Harris Corporation, Rockwell Collins Company, Thales Group, BAE Systems, Aselsan Corporation, Elbit Systems, Codan Limited, ITT Corporation, Ultra Electronics, General Dynamics Company and L-3 Communications Holdings Inc.
This research report analyzes this market on the basis of its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.