Malted Milk Market – Introduction
Malted milk formulation includes whole milk powder, malted grain flour and other ingredients. Commercially, malted milk is available in a powdered form and is usually sold in a combination of different flavors. In addition to its consumption as malted milk, powdered form of malted milk finds extensive application in the food industry. In particular, bakery and snacks producers are prominent end-users of malted milk powders owing to its health benefits.
Application of malted milk in the food processing industry is also popular as it delivers a combination of sweetness and a creamy mouthfeel. Currently, malted milk marketplace is witnessing the introduction of flavored and innovative variants in attractive packaging solutions. While the malted milk market forecast seems optimistic, incidences of false health claims have significantly impacted the sales of malted milk products and are likely to influence the reputation of market players.
Malted Milk Market – Notable Developments
Some of the key players in the malted milk market are Imperial Malts Ltd., Muntons plc, Briess Malt & Ingredients, Insta Foods, SSP Pvt Limited, Family Cereal Sdn. Bhd., Nestlé S.A., Food & Biotech Engineers India Private Limited and King Arthur Flour Company, Inc.
- In February 2019, Horlicks, a hot beverage brand launched the company’s original malted milk in a pod format with an aim to meet evolving consumer demand.
- In March 2019, Nestle Thailand launched new MILO No Sucrose Chocolate malt-based ready-to-drink product.
- In January 2019, Full Sail Brewing launched Malted Milkshake-Style IPA in the packaging of six bottles, each of 12 ounces.
- In 2017, Nestle S.A. expanded its product portfolio of malted milk with the introduction of ready-to-drink malted milk in India under the brand Milo through its Indian subsidiary.
Malted Milk Market Dynamics
A Combination of Chocolate and Malt to Flourish in Malted Milk Market
While demand for flavored milk has spurred over the past decade, a similar trend can be witnessed in the malted milk landscape. Chocolate remains the most popular flavor among consumers and the combination of chocolate and malt is highly embraced not only in the field of malted milk but also in snacks such as biscuits. As manufacturers continue to accommodate evolving consumer demand, the malted milk marketplace is witnessing the introduction of different flavored malted milk products especially a combination of chocolate flavored malted milk.
Buoyancy in Health Drinks Industry Alludes at Profitability for Malted Milk Market Players
Consumers are becoming conscious about their purchase owing to extreme penetration of the health and wellness trend. In addition to focusing on health labels, health drink producers are also emphasizing on the natural origin of the ingredients used in their product. These activities are driving sales in the health drinks market. As malted milk is also categorized under health drinks, malted milk market players are likely to observe profitability in the coming years.
Increasing Consumption of Snacks to Fuel Malted Milk Market Growth
Across the globe, urbanization and industrialization have significantly impacted the meal consumption patterns and snacking routines of consumers. As consumers are becoming time-pressed, preference for bite-sized snacks has increased significantly. Well aware of these demand trends, packaged snacks manufacturers are focusing on expanding their portfolio of bite-sized snacks which include malted milk powder. Innovations by manufacturers have led to the introduction of malted milk powder cookies and other baked products. As malted milk occupies an important position in the healthy snacks landscape, changing consumer lifestyle combined with the increased snacks production is likely to fuel the growth of malted milk market during the forecast period.
Malted Milk Market – Regional Outlook
Despite its origin in North America and Western Europe, demand for malted milk has grown significantly in the Asia Pacific region. In the countries of Asia Pacific, a growing focus on health consciousness is the major driver for the growth of malted milk market. Demand for malted milk has witnessed a prominent rise over the past half a decade on the backdrop of rising disposable income combined with a significant population of millennial. Well aware of this, leading brands in the malted milk market are engaged in expansion of their footprints in Southeast Asian countries.
Malted Milk Market – Segmentation
The malted milk market is segmented on the basis of source, packaging, end use and distribution channel.
Based on source, the malted milk market is segmented into,
By end users, the malted milk market is segmented into,
- Food industry
- Dietary supplements
- Milkshakes & Smoothies
Based on packaging, the malted milk market is segmented into,
- Carton packs
Based on distribution channel, the malted milk market is segmented into,
- Specialty stores
- Convenience stores
- Online retailers
- Discount stores
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the malted milk market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about malted milk market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the malted milk market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Malted milk market segments and sub-segments
- Malted milk market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand scenario in malted milk market
- Malted milk market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges in malted milk market
- Competitive landscape in malted milk market
- Technological breakthroughs in malted milk market
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis in malted milk market
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in malted milk market dynamics
- Malted milk market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the malted milk market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Malted milk market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional malted milk markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the malted milk market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the malted milk market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
- Malted food drinks
- Malt-based beverages
- Malted milk powder
- Health drink market
- Malted milk tablets