Global Malt Market: Overview
Malt is what remains when a cereal grain is dried, allowed to sprout, air dried again, and then subjected to heat. Several types of cereal grains can be used to make malt, including rice, wheat, oats and rye, but the most common one is barley as it the primary ingredient for the production of beers and malted whiskeys. In the recent times, malt made from rice, wheat, and corn is being used by several other industries. For example, Malt is also used to make confections such as malt vinegar, malted shakes, and flavored drinks such as Milo and Horlicks, as well as some baked goods such as rich tea and bagels. Malted barley is an ingredient in blended flours to manufacture yeast breads. Consequently, the global malt market is projected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period of 2016 to 2024.
This report presents a comprehensive analysis of malt market in its current scenario, evaluating and estimating the opportunities available for the global and regional players. This market can be segmented on the basis of application, type, brewers, source, and geography. By type, the malt market can be segmented into liquid extract, dry extract, and malt flour. By application, the market can be classified into beer industry, whiskey distilleries, pharmaceutical industry, and food & beverages industry. By brewers, the market can be divided into base Malt, standard malt, and specialty malt. By source, it can be divided into barley, rye, and wheat. Geographically, the report studies the lucrativeness of the regional markets of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and rest of the world. One of the key feature of this report is its section on company profiles wherein several prominent names in the industry have been analyzed for their market share, product portfolio, pricing and margins, and recent strategic developments.
Global Malt Market: Trends and Opportunities
The surge currently experienced by the beer industry is the primary factor that is augmenting the demand for malt. Beer is now considered casual drink across the world, and less harmful in comparison to other alcoholic drinks. The extended use of malt in the food and beverage industry, wherein it is used for variety of products, is further increasing the demand in the global malt market. Additionally, the use of organic malt in making breweries is also expected to favor the growth rate during the forecast period. Conversely, factors such as growing popularity of wine and presence of local players who offer low cost products, are expected to hinder the growth rate of the global malt market over the course of next few years.
Global Malt Market: Region-wise Outlook
Currently, North America makes for the most lucrative market for malt, owing to high consumption rate of beer and whiskey and the presence of disposable income. North America also rates high in the production of malt, leading over the European region, which makes for second widest market for malt. The report also expects the region of Asia Pacific escalate the demand during the forecast period at a strong CAGR, especially backed by the countries of China, India, South Korea, and Australia.
Companies mentioned in the research report
Cargill Inc., Bairds Malt Ltd, Crisp Malting Group Ltd, Muntons Malt plc, Malteurop Group, Simpsons Malt Ltd., Heineken, and Muntons Malt plc are some of the prominent players in a highly competitive landscape exhibited by the global malt market.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.