Maize Market: Introduction
Maize is one of the oldest plants domesticated by humans. Maize or Corn, also known by its scientific name Zea mays, is a plant belonging to the family of grasses. Maize comes under coarse grains category and is the third largest planted crop after wheat & rice. Maize is an annual plant which is cultivated globally due to its exceptional geographic adaptability however its cultivation is mostly concentrated in the Northern hemisphere countries. A significant portion i.e. over 60% of global maize production is used in animal feed as it provides a high amount of energy and oil content to the livestock. Moreover, maize is used as staple food and also find a broad range of industrial application such as food processing and ethanol production. Maize market has undergone dramatic change over the past few decades owing to the green revolution and rapid development in biotechnological advancement in seed and production which has resulted in the availability of genetically modified maize seeds which offers increased average maize yield. For instance, according to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), globally the yield of maize crop has grown to over 11% in 2014 from 2004, while the total production quantity of maize increased around 28% in 2014 from 2004 owing to the increasing demand of maize from its various end use application industries. Furthermore, escalating demand for ethanol is also anticipated to drive the growth of maize market over the forecast period.
Maize Market Segmentation
Global Maize market can be segmented on the basis of type, color, end use, nature, and region. On the basis type, maize market is segmented into the dent or field maize, flint or Indian maize, floury maize, and sweet maize. On the basis of color, Maize market is segmented into yellow maize and white maize. The yellow maize segment is anticipated to remain dominant in terms of value over the forecast period owing to its usage in animal feed and high geographical adaptability while the white maize requires more favorable geographical condition and is generally recognized as the food crop. On the basis of the end use, maize market is segmented into Food and Beverage, Animal feed, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Industrial Application and Others. The food and beverage segment is further sub-segmented into direct consumption and processed consumption. On the basis of nature, maize market is segmented into conventional maize and organic maize. Conventional maize is further sub-segmented into non-GMO maize and GMO maize.
Maize Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of geography, the Maize market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and MEA. Globally, among all regions, North America is expected to be the largest market for the Maize, followed by Asia Pacific over the forecast period owing to the high production of maize crop and its consumption in animal feed. Globally, U.S. is the largest producer of maize followed by China and is expected to contribute maximum revenue in the near future. However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness rapid growth over the forecast period owing to increasing demand for Maize in animal feed due to meteorically increasing population dynamics which has resulted in a sudden surge in the demand for food.
Maize Market: Dynamics
Increasing demand for animal feed and industrial use owing to ever increasing global population is expected to drive the growth of global maize market over the forecast period. Moreover, increasing health awareness in emerging and developing economies have resulted in the shift of dietary preference of people towards protein-rich food which has led to an increased demand for all feed grains which also include maize, thus driving the growth of the global maize market.
However, constant fluctuation in the prices of maize and rising concern of consumers towards genetically modified maize which has resulted in the demand for the segregation of non-GM crop from GM crop has resulted in an added expense to overall supply chain thus restraining the growth of global maize market.
Maize Market Key Player:
Some of the major players operating in Maize market includes Cargill Inc, Louis Dreyfus Company, Archer-Daniels-Midland Company, COFCO Group, Bunge Group, ZEN-NOH Co. Ltd., Glencore.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.