Magnetic Sensing Chips: Introduction
- Magnetic sensor chips are semiconductors devices that uses magnetic principles to detect objects
- The chips are present in magnetic sensors to determine the position or speed of an object by using magnetic principles
- Magnetic sensing chips are classified in four technology: hall sensor, anisotropic magneto resistive (AMR) sensor, giant magneto resistive (GMR) sensor, and tunnel magneto resistive (TMR) sensor. Based on application requirement, magnetic sensing chip is selected
- Magnetic sensing chips are used in various end-use industry, such as automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, etc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure
Rise in Adoption of Magnetic Sensing Chips in Automotive Application
- Magnetic sensors consists of magnetic sensing chips to detect presence of an object using magnetic position sensor and magnetic speed sensor. In automotive application, antilock breaking system (ABS) technique is increasingly used owing to its capability to stop the vehicle without losing the control from ground
- In ABS technique, magnetic sensor is used, in which speed sensor IC is integrated with capacitor. When the break is applied on vehicle, magnetic sensor determine the speed of the vehicle and accordingly apply the break to stop the vehicle safely
- In automotive, a high sensitivity and low cost magnetic field sensing element based on giant magneto resistive (GMR) technology is used for linear position sensing and rotary applications
- Moreover, magnetic sensing chips are used in speedometers to determine the speed of vehicle. Owing to these safety features offered by magnetic sensor, a solid demand of magnetic sensing chips is observed in automotive industry, which is expected to drive the global magnetic sensing chips market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Increase in use of Magnetic Sensing Chips in Industrial Motors
- In industrial motor control, magnetic sensing chips are used that operates on Hall Effect, as Hall Effect switch ICs provide reliable solutions to contactless switching
- In industrial processes, popularity of brushless DC motor is more than brush-type DC motors owing to its high efficiency. In brushless DC motor, Latching Hall Effect sensors are used to measure motor’s position and provide high magnetic sensitivity for temperature ranging from -40 to 150 degree Celsius
- Hence, Increase in use of brushless DC motors in industrial processes across the globe is anticipated to fuel the demand for magnetic sensing chips
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global magnetic sensing chips market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global magnetic sensing chips market during the forecast period, owing to the growing demand for automotive and consumer electronics application in the region
- The magnetic sensing chips market in North America and Europe is expected to show significant growth. This market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global magnetic sensing chips market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the rising demand for tuning amplifiers. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global magnetic sensing chips market include:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation
- Sanken Electric Co., Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- NXP Semiconductors
- MEMSIC, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- Honeywell International Inc.
- ALPS ALPINE CO., LTD.
- ams AG
Global Magnetic Sensing Chips Market: Research Scope
Global Magnetic Sensing Chips Market, by Technology
- Hall Sensor
- Anisotropic Magneto Resistive (AMR) Sensor
- Giant Magneto Resistive (GMR) sensor
- Tunnel Magneto Resistive (TMR) sensor
Global Magnetic Sensing Chips Market, by Application
- Antilock Breaking System
- Industrial Motor Control
Global Magnetic Sensing Chips Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
Global Magnetic Sensing Chips Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.