Magnetic refrigeration is one type of cooling technology which is based on the magneto caloric effect. This magnetic caloric effect is also known as adiabatic demagnetization. In 1933, magnetic refrigeration technology was first demonstrated by Dr. D.P. MacDougall and William F. Giauque. However, after the discovery of the magneto caloric effect, the advancement was very slow. This is mainly due to a lack of interest in the magnetic caloric effect and its possible applications. Across the globe, the adoption of magnetic refrigeration is growing at a rapid pace. This is mainly due to better reliability, compactness and lower operating cost among others factors by magnetic refrigeration are the major reason for its high demand in commercial application. In addition, there has been a growing interest in the widespread use of magnetic refrigeration in different commercial devices in industrial and domestic public facilities. This in turn is expected to trigger the demand of this technology in future. Furthermore, magnetic refrigeration technology is an advanced cooling technology that has the potential of high energy efficiency using environmentally friendly refrigerants. The market for magnetic refrigeration is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period from 2018-2026.
The magnetic refrigeration market can be segmented based on components, application, end use industry and geography. Based on components, the market for magnetic refrigeration has been classified into various types which includes magnets, hot heat exchanger, cold heat exchanger and magneto caloric wheel & drive among others. The hot heat exchanger and cold heat exchanger segment is expected to hold the major share of the global magnetic refrigeration market in 2017 and projected to gain market share in the near future.
By application, the magnetic refrigeration market can be classified into refrigeration systems, air conditioning systems, beverage coolers, freezers and chillers among others. Again, air condition systems has been bifurcated into various types which includes stationary air conditioners and mobile air conditioners. Air condition systems segments held a major share of the global magnetic refrigeration market in 2017 and projected to gain market share in the near future. Moreover, mobile air condition segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. By application, the magnetic refrigeration market can be bifurcated into food & beverages, logistic & transportation, aerospace, healthcare, commercial and industrial. In coming year, adoption of magnetic refrigeration in commercial and industrial application is expected to lead the market for magnetic refrigeration. Additionally, the food & beverage segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR rate during the forecast period. Furthermore, advantages over vapor absorption and vapor compression cycles is anticipated to trigger the demand for the magnetic refrigeration market during the forecast period. In coming years, adoption of magnetic refrigeration in the transportation sector is expected to create a new opportunity for the magnetic refrigeration manufactures. On the flip side, the high initial investment require for installation is more as compare with conventional refrigeration, which in turn is anticipated to hinder the growth of the magnetic refrigeration market. Additionally, the magneto caloric materials are rarely available materials that is estimated to create major challenges for the magnetic refrigeration technology manufacturers in future.
Based on geography, the magnetic refrigeration market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America. Europe accounted for a significant share of the global magnetic refrigeration market in 2017. Within Europe, U.K, Germany and France hold a major share of the market due to increasing awareness about the global warming and banning high-GWP refrigerants in different industrial application are propelling the magnetic refrigeration market to a great extent. In addition, the magnetic refrigeration market in North America is projected to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period, followed by Asia Pacific.
The magnetic refrigeration market is consolidated in nature. However, upcoming mergers & acquisition and new product development by leading players is expected to become the market more competitive in nature during the forecast period from 2018-2026. Key companies operating in the market include Astronautics Corporation America (the U.S), Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd. (China), Whirlpool Corp. (the U.S), Camfridge Ltd.(U.K), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.(South Korea), Eramet S.A. (France) and Toshiba Corporation (Japan) among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.