Machine Stretch Wrap Films Market: An Overview
Stretch films are highly stretchable packaging films that are mainly used to unitize products on a pallet. Machine stretch wrap films are applied with a machine, due to which they are considered more efficient and faster as compared to hand stretch wrap films. Machine stretch wrap films are available in a variety of materials such as Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyethylene (PE), and Polypropylene (PP). Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) is the most preferred material for the manufacturing of machine stretch wrap films, followed by PP. Machine stretch wrap films offer superior load containment at a relatively lower cost. Cast machine stretch wrap films are used where greater clarity and tear resistance is desired, while blown machine stretch wrap films are employed where puncture resistance needs to be high.
Machine Stretch Wrap Films Market: Dynamics
The healthy expansion of the packaging industry, along with need for bundling and protection during warehousing and distribution, has intensified the demand for machine stretch wrap films globally. Machine stretch wrap films also find applications in various end-use industries such as consumer goods, the electrical & electronics industry, the wrapping of mulch in the agricultural industry, etc. The sizeable growth opportunities exhibited by these industries are expected to contribute to the growth of the machine stretch wrap films market. Moreover, the presence of a large number of regional as well as international manufacturers in the market, coupled with the increasing penetration of the stretch film-based packaging, is expected to fuel the demand for machine stretch wrap films during the forecast period. The usage of machine stretch wrap films aids in reducing labor costs as the handling of bundled packaging is relatively easier. Moreover, protection against pilferage can be assured by the usage of these films. These characteristics make machine stretch wrap films a preferred alternative for pallet unitization applications, which is expected to boost the demand for machine stretch wrap films.
Machine Stretch Wrap Films Market: Key Developments
- Scientex Berhad, one of the key manufacturers of machine stretch wrap films, has expanded its stretch film production site in Arizona, U.S.A., in 2017
- Paragon Films has introduced Cold Force machine films, which deliver puncture-resistant & high-performance stretch films
Machine Stretch Wrap Films Market: Segmentation
Globally, the machine stretch wrap films market has been segmented as manufacturing process, material type, and end use.
On the basis of manufacturing process, the global machine stretch wrap films has been segmented as follows:
- Cast machine stretch wrap films
- Blown machine stretch wrap films
On the basis of material type, the global machine stretch wrap films has been segmented as follows:
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Poly Vinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
On the basis of end use, the global machine stretch wrap films has been segmented as follows:
- Food & Beverages Packaging
- Personal Care & Cosmetics Packaging
- Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Packaging
- Electrical & Electronics Packaging
- Others (Textile etc.)
Machine Stretch Wrap Films Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global machine stretch wrap films market has been segmented into seven key regions, which include North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excl. Japan (APEJ), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Japan. Stringent regulations against the usage of single-use plastics have been imposed by regulatory bodies in several countries of Europe. This is expected to hamper the growth of the machine stretch wrap films market in the region. In 2018, several states in India banned the usage of polyethylene below fifty microns to reduce the pollution that occurs due to the burning of the same, which releases harmful chemicals that adversely affect the environment. Yet, the Asia Pacific region is expected to exhibit lucrative growth opportunities for the machine stretch wrap films market during the forecast period.
Machine Stretch Wrap Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the machine stretch wrap films are Millwood, Inc., Paragon Films Inc., Berry Global Inc., Muller LCS, Intertape Polymer Group Inc., POLIFILM GmbH, Sigma Stretch Film Corp., Scientex Berhad, AEP Industries Inc., and Pacific Packaging Products, Inc. Several local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global machine stretch wrap films market during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.