Over the past few years, the healthcare industry has been witnessing increasing adoption of machine to machine (M2M) technology in order to reduce skyrocketing healthcare costs, increase adherence to medical regimens and improve better patient care. M2M connected healthcare is a healthcare delivery model that operates in an IT ecosystem, and allow easy access and sharing of healthcare related data such as patient medical history data, patient personal information, prescription information, diagnostic results, clinical data and others. Home monitoring, clinical monitoring, assisted living and telemedicine are among the major functions carried out by M2M connected healthcare systems. M2M connected healthcare saves time by connecting patients, healthcare providers and treatment systems over the internet. The M2M connected healthcare systems can use wired or wireless connectivity to share healthcare data between web-connected devices without the need of human involvement.
The global market for M2M connected healthcare has been segmented into home monitoring, clinical monitoring, clinical trials, telemedicine, assisted living, worried well and clinical remote monitoring. Significant advantages associated with M2M connected healthcare have been identified as the major factors driving the M2M connected healthcare market growth. These advantages include reduced time, reduced healthcare cost, easy sharing of healthcare data and remote healthcare monitoring. M2M model also enables patients with more control over their treatment regime. Globally rising incidences of various chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer and hypertension are also expected to play a key role in driving the market growth during the forecast period from 2014 to 2020. Persistent rise in geriatric population directly impacts the growth and development of connected health M2M services as elderly population is highly susceptible to acquire several health disorders as compared to younger adults. According to World Health Organization (WHO) projections, in 2010, global geriatric population was around 524 million and is anticipated to reach around 1.5 billion by the year 2050. Thus, a consistent rise in geriatric population would boost the growth of M2M connected healthcare market as they will increasingly seek M2M connected health services. One of the major factors that are expected to affect the market growth is that stake holders should have access to internet connection.
In terms of geography, the global market for M2M connected healthcare has been segmented into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW). North America represented the largest regional market for M2M connected healthcare in 2013. Well established healthcare infrastructure of the North American countries U.S. and Canada, and presence of a large pool of technically-savvy patient population are among the major factors responsible for North America’s leading position in this market segment. Europe represented the second largest market after North America. Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy and Spain are the most potential markets in the European region that accounted for more than 60% of the overall Europe M2M connected healthcare market. During the forecast period from 2014 to 2020, APAC is expected to witness significant growth as M2M connected healthcare model will help in serving patients residing in remote area, overcoming distance barriers.
Allscripts, IBM, Apple, AirStrip Technologies, Cisco Networks, Microsoft, AT&T, BL Healthcare, Ingenious Med, NeuroVigil, PharmaSecure, QxMD Software, WellDoc and ObTech Medical are among the major players operating in this market. These players are competing with each other in order to get competitive advantages over others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.