Global Luxury Cruise Tourism Market – Introduction
- Luxury cruising is a lavish form of touring, which includes a long-duration holiday on a cruise ship. Cruises are the pinnacle of luxury tourism. Luxury cruise packages are very expensive and are primarily meant for high net-worth individuals and elite-class citizens. Luxury cruises offer high-quality products and services which include flexible itineraries, a personal butler, larger cabins, and more exotic destinations. The duration of the itinerary may range from 6 months to 12 months. Luxury cruises are extremely popular among newly married couples as their honeymoon destination and business giants etc. Rapid increase in trend of small-ship cruises and usage of small luxury yachts for luxury tourism is also anticipated to expand the luxury cruise tourism market in a significant manner.
Continuous rise in offerings of innovative services, amenities, themes etc. in luxury cruise ships projected to drive the luxury cruise tourism market
- The rising number of innovative services, amenities, themes etc. offered in various luxury cruise ships are projected to drive the luxury cruise tourism market during the forecast period. Companies are offering services such as skydiving simulators, unlimited in-suite spa treatments, thrilling water coasters, and action-packed adventurous activities such as onboard zip lining and rock climbing which is anticipated to attract tourists and projected to increase the percentage of footfalls in the near future. These factors are anticipated to be the major driving factors of the luxury cruise tourism market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increase in popularity of luxury cruise tourism in developing countries projected to create immense opportunities for the market
- Rapid increase in popularity of luxury cruise tourism in developing countries is projected to create immense opportunities for all luxury cruise service providers across the globe during the forecast period. Companies are also planning to expand their businesses in developing economies to capture untapped markets of the region. They offer attractive discounts and launch exclusive offers or booking schemes to drive sales of their luxury cruise businesses.
North America and Europe Considered to be the Largest Markets for Luxury Cruise Tourism
- Geographically, the global luxury cruise tourism market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe , Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America and Europe accounted for major share of the global luxury cruise tourism market in the year 2019. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to expand at a moderate growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid increase in number of tourists travelling in luxury cruise ships at popular destinations in the U.S., U.K, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean Islands, Germany, France, Italy, and various other countries across North America and Europe.
- The market in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid increase in popularity and number of cruise lines in China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, and GCC countries etc. These factors are projected to surge the demand for luxury cruise tourism in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Luxury Cruise Tourism Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Luxury Cruise Tourism Market
Prominent luxury cruise travel companies are projected to face healthy competition during the forecast period. Companies such as Royal Caribbean, Azamara, Oceania Cruises S. de R.L., Viking Ocean Cruises, Seabourn, and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. etc. are investing heavily to bring innovative luxury services and amenities on board such as adventurous water coasters etc. Companies are also planning to start cruises at new destinations and untapped locations to expand their business. Some of the key players operating in the global luxury cruise tourism market include:
- Royal Caribbean International
- Oceania Cruises S. de R.L.
- Viking Ocean Cruises
- Crystal Cruises
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Silversea Cruises
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
- American Cruise Lines
Global Luxury cruise tourism Market – Research Scope
Global Luxury Cruise Tourism Market, by Cruise Lines
- Traditional Cruise Lines
- Contemporary/Upscale Cruise Lines
- Mainstream Cruise Lines
- Adventure and Exploration Cruise Lines
- Others (Theme Cruise Lines, Premium Cruise Lines etc.)
Global Luxury Cruise Tourism Market, by Cruising Type
- Ocean Cruises
- River Cruises
- Others (Small-ship Cruises and Luxury Yachts)
Global Luxury Cruise Tourism Market, by Amenities
- Bars & Pubs
- Water Sports
- Adventurous Sports
- Snow Rooms
- Cruise Fares
- 4D Movie Theaters
- In-suite Spa Treatment Centers
- Others (Skydiving Simulators etc.)
Global Luxury cruise tourism Market, by Booking Mode
Global Luxury cruise tourism Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.