Luggage Scales Market: Introduction
- A luggage scale refers to a suitcase scale or a baggage scale, and is used to weigh luggage to ensure that the luggage is not overweight. The luggage scale has a strap with a hook which may hang luggage by the handle. This displays the weight of luggage digitally or analogically in lbs or kgs. Rising travel and tourism industry, growing participation of athletes in outdoor sports and adventure sports, and increasing educational opportunities are believed to be factors driving the global luggage scales market.
Key Drivers of the Luggage Scales Market
- Rapid growth in the number of commuters across the globe and continuous growth in frequent travelling via airlines is fueling the market for luggage scales. Imposition of stringent rules by regulatory bodies of the transportation sector to restrict the weight of luggage while travelling may generate demand for luggage scales. Airports across the globe are allowing only limited weight of luggage for passengers or impose heavy penalty for being overweight. Thus, demand for luggage scales by travelers can be attributed to prevent luggage being overweight and consequently to avoid the heavy penalty imposed by airport managements. Rapid growth in luggage parcel service, locker services, and transportation services, among others, is also driving the growth of the luggage scales market.
Strong Presence of Alternative Solutions: Key Restraint
- Key transportation services are opting for standard weighing balance or machine that is likely to act as a barrier for the growth of the luggage scales market in the coming years. Key luggage manufacturers are introducing several innovative products or smart luggage that holds limited weight. This may also restrain the growth of the luggage scales market. However, key suppliers of luggage scales may target their users through e-commerce sites or airport retailing facilities for the sale of luggage scales, which is an opportunity for the growth of the luggage scales market.
Europe to hold Major Share of the Global Luggage Scales Market
- The global luggage scales market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America can be divided into the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Europe can be segregated into the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia Pacific comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The luggage scales market in South America can be segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Rapid growth in the tourism sector along with increasing dependency of travelers on luggage scales for measuring weight while travelling is driving the luggage scales market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in the Luggage Scales Market
The global luggage scales market is fragmented in nature due to presence of several players across the globe. These players have adopted strategies such as new product development, acquisitions, mergers, and agreements to be competitive and expand their customer base in the market.
Some of the key players in the luggage scales market are listed below:
- American Weigh Scale
- Camry Industries Company Ltd.
- Etekcity Corporation
- Smart Weigh
- Tanita Corporation of America, Inc.
- Travel Inspira
- А&D Соmраnу
- Аvеrу Wеіgh-Тrоnіх
- Ѕhеkеl Ѕсаlеѕ
Global Luggage Scales Market: Research Scope
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Type
- Mechanical Scales
- Electronic Scales
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Capacity
- Up to 10 Kg
- 10-25 Kg
- 25-50 Kg
- Above 50 Kg
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Outer Material
- Others (Polyester, Polycarbonate, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Price Range
- Low (Below US$ 50)
- Medium (US$ 50-100)
- High (Above US$ 100)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Application
- Duffel Bag
- Others (Carry On Luggage, Rolling Spinner Luggage, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by End-user
- Logistics Centers
- Others (Transportation Facility, Travel Agency, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Distribution channel
- Company Website
- Specialty Stores
- Mega Retail Stores
- Others (Individual Stores, Departmental Stores, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.