Luggage Scales Market: Introduction
- A luggage scale refers to a suitcase scale or a baggage scale, and is used to weigh luggage to ensure that the luggage is not overweight. The luggage scale has a strap with a hook which may hang luggage by the handle. This displays the weight of luggage digitally or analogically in lbs or kgs. Rising travel and tourism industry, growing participation of athletes in outdoor sports and adventure sports, and increasing educational opportunities are believed to be factors driving the global luggage scales market.
Key Drivers of the Luggage Scales Market
- Rapid growth in the number of commuters across the globe and continuous growth in frequent travelling via airlines is fueling the market for luggage scales. Imposition of stringent rules by regulatory bodies of the transportation sector to restrict the weight of luggage while travelling may generate demand for luggage scales. Airports across the globe are allowing only limited weight of luggage for passengers or impose heavy penalty for being overweight. Thus, demand for luggage scales by travelers can be attributed to prevent luggage being overweight and consequently to avoid the heavy penalty imposed by airport managements. Rapid growth in luggage parcel service, locker services, and transportation services, among others, is also driving the growth of the luggage scales market.
Strong Presence of Alternative Solutions: Key Restraint
- Key transportation services are opting for standard weighing balance or machine that is likely to act as a barrier for the growth of the luggage scales market in the coming years. Key luggage manufacturers are introducing several innovative products or smart luggage that holds limited weight. This may also restrain the growth of the luggage scales market. However, key suppliers of luggage scales may target their users through e-commerce sites or airport retailing facilities for the sale of luggage scales, which is an opportunity for the growth of the luggage scales market.
Europe to hold Major Share of the Global Luggage Scales Market
- The global luggage scales market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America can be divided into the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Europe can be segregated into the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia Pacific comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The luggage scales market in South America can be segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Rapid growth in the tourism sector along with increasing dependency of travelers on luggage scales for measuring weight while travelling is driving the luggage scales market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in the Luggage Scales Market
The global luggage scales market is fragmented in nature due to presence of several players across the globe. These players have adopted strategies such as new product development, acquisitions, mergers, and agreements to be competitive and expand their customer base in the market.
Some of the key players in the luggage scales market are listed below:
- American Weigh Scale
- Camry Industries Company Ltd.
- Etekcity Corporation
- Smart Weigh
- Tanita Corporation of America, Inc.
- Travel Inspira
- А&D Соmраnу
- Аvеrу Wеіgh-Тrоnіх
- Ѕhеkеl Ѕсаlеѕ
Global Luggage Scales Market: Research Scope
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Type
- Mechanical Scales
- Electronic Scales
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Capacity
- Up to 10 Kg
- 10-25 Kg
- 25-50 Kg
- Above 50 Kg
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Outer Material
- Others (Polyester, Polycarbonate, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Price Range
- Low (Below US$ 50)
- Medium (US$ 50-100)
- High (Above US$ 100)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Application
- Duffel Bag
- Others (Carry On Luggage, Rolling Spinner Luggage, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by End-user
- Logistics Centers
- Others (Transportation Facility, Travel Agency, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Distribution channel
- Company Website
- Specialty Stores
- Mega Retail Stores
- Others (Individual Stores, Departmental Stores, etc.)
Global Luggage Scales Market, by Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America