Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market: An Overview
The global low-calorie RTD beverages market is expected to register robust growth in the near future. The low-calorie RTD beverages market is driven by increasing health consciousness, growing disposable income, and rising product innovations.
According to data provided by the National Center for Health Statistics, nearly 20% of the population in the US consumed diet drinks on a given day. According to National Library of Medicine, diet brands accounted for 30% of carbonated soft drinks (CSD) in 2012. Additionally, according to national center for biotechnology information (NCBI), concerns regarding CSD related to sugar consumption and its links with weight gain, cardio-metabolic problems, obesity, and other are rising. The website also reported that the industry had undertaken voluntary initiatives to reduce portion sizes, introduce healthier products, and reformulated old ones as well.
The companies in the CSD market were forced to make changes as public health concerns resulted in sluggish sales for a long periods of time. The major players in the CSD market witnessed a major decline between 1988 and 2008. The volume of CSD during this period fell from 70% to 50% in the non-alcoholic liquid refreshment market in the US.
Today, consumers are increasingly replacing CSD drinks with products from the low-calorie RTD beverages market.
Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market: Notable Developments
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the use of six different food additives in 2018. These additives were linked to cancer and include ethyl acrylate, benzophenone, myrcene, eugenyl methyl ether, pyridine and, pulegone. These substances were used in several beverage products to replicate the citrus, natural mint, and cinnamon flavors. The companies operating in the low-calorier RTD beverages market will have two years to find new ingredients to replace the current ones.
Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market: Key Trends
Urbanization, busy lifestyle, and growing health consciousness are expected to drive major growth for the low-calorie RTD beverages market. Busy and sedentary lifestyle makes it difficult for urban dwellers to take care of their health on a regulatory basis. This often leads to unhealthy habits such as irregular eating and consumption of sugary drinks to satisfy untimely hunger and thirst. The low-calorie RTD beverages market is expected to benefit from the sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle growing worldwide. The lifestyle leads people to rely on ready-to-eat products which take up less time as often urban households rely on the income of both individuals to satisfy all needs. Hence, growing innovation, increasing natural flavors, and increasing disposable income in urban areas are expected to drive growth for the low-calorie RTD beverages market in the near future.
Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market: Regional Outlook
The global low-calorie RTD beverages market is divided into main regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. The North America region is expected to oversee highest total revenues, thanks to rising concerns regarding obesity. The low-calorie RTD beverages market in Asia Pacific is also expected to witness robust growth. The low-calorie RTD beverages market is predicted to witness the fastest CAGR growth during 2018-2026. The growing manufacturing and promotional activity, establishment of natural and herbal products, and growing disposable incomes are expected to drive growth in this region.
Global Low-calorie RTD Beverages Market: Competitive Dynamics
The global low-calorie RTD beverages market is a competitive and fragmented landscape. Some key players in the low-calorie RTD beverages market are Asahi Breweries, Ltd., Diageo plc., Bacardi Limited, Global Brands Limited, Kold Group, PepsiCo, Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.