Low-light Imaging Market: Overview
The low-lighting imaging market is progressing at an impressive pace to serve critical applications in security, cinematography, photography, and medical and life sciences research. Several breakthrough innovations in the area have led to evolution of low-light imaging for critical applications.
Most commonly, low-light imaging uses a device called an image intensifier to amplify available light.
An upcoming research report on low-light imaging market aims at shedding light on key trends and identifying future opportunities. The report provides the most valuable information regarding growth opportunities and growth challenges. In-depth analysis of competitive landscape of the low-light imaging market is a key highlight of this report.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Low-light Imaging Market: Recent Developments and Competitive Landscape
- In January 2019, OmniVision Technologies, announced the release of OVO2K image sensor of new configuration. Featuring video-centricity, this 2.9 micron 1080p image sensor is designed for smartphones. Built on OmniVision’s PureCelPlus pixel technology, the image sensor allows secondary camera in multi-configurations smartphones to capture high-quality videos, even when ambient light is low.
- In January 2019, Samsung Electronics launched ISOCELL Slim 3T2 image sensor for full-screen display. The component is a new ultra-slim image sensor of configuration 20Mp. In terms of capability and size, the image sensor is compact and delivers 20-megapixel resolution for both front as well as back cameras.
The low-light imaging market bears a moderately consolidated vendor landscape, with the dominance of a few large players. Sony, ON Semiconductors, Samsung Electronics, ST Microelectronics, Panasonic, Omni Vision Technologies, and Teledyne Technologies are some top-notch players in the low-light imaging market.
Sony commands valuable share in the low-light imaging market. Robust R&D leading to a strong product portfolio, along with wide geographical presence accounts for key market share of Sony in the low-light imaging market. Launched in December 2018, 1/1.55 type, 5.4-megapixel IMX490 CMOS an image sensor for automotive cameras is among the newer releases of the company, in a bid to expand its product line.
Low-light Imaging Market: Key Trends
The automotive sector is expected to contribute promising revenue to the low-light imaging market in the near future. Rapid adoption of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) for automobiles is indirectly paving way for demand of low-light imaging. Low-light image sensors are used in components of ADAS for blind spot monitoring, forward-collision warning, and lane-keep assistance.
Besides this, dash cameras, rear-view cameras, front-view machine vision cameras, camera monitor systems, and 360-degree surround-view cameras are some areas in automobiles where low-light image sensors are used.
For low-light imaging sensors, CMOS technology is predicted to witness maximum demand. Rising popularity of CMOS technology for application-specific integrated circuit (ASICs), microprocessors, and memories for semiconductors will indirectly stoke demand for low-lighting imaging sensors. The low-lighting imaging market witness gains, in turn.
Innovations in medical devices for complex procedures is another key factor boosting low-light imaging market. Low-light imaging enabled endoscopic devices for both diagnostic and surgical procedures is an example of low-light imaging application for medical devices. This propels low-light imaging market. OmniVision’s launch of OV2741 - a new PureCel-S stacked-die sensor is an addition to its offerings of medical image sensors. The compact chip-scale sensor provides 1080p full HD resolution and high image quality for lucid internal viewing of organs.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Low-light Imaging Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold the leading share in the low-light imaging market in the near-term. China and India are expected to contribute leading revenues to the low-light imaging market in Asia Pacific over the forecast period.
North America is predicted to hold second-leading revenue share in the low-imaging market over the forecast period. Industrial, commercial, and automotive are key verticals likely to contribute maximum revenue to the low-light imaging market in the region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.