Low calorie snacks have developed as one of the replacements to wholemeal owing to the shifting behaviour patterns of the customers. However, the surge in the working population especially women are the major drivers for the low calorie snacks market. The changing consumer demographics have boosted the demand for low calorie snacks which satisfy the hunger and along with that support health. The rising consumer awareness about health and fitness accompanied by growing health ailments like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity triggered by the excessive intake of high-calorie products have made consumers opt for low calorie snacks and other products. Low calorie snacks support healthy food habit and offer more nutrition.
These days, the manufacturers’ haves started launching a range of snacks that are prepared from natural, organic, low fat and free-from raw materials to offer more nutritional value to the customers, and deliver the choice of a nutritious snack. The rising trend of healthy snacking is boosting the demand for low calorie snacks across the globe.
Obesity Catering the Demand for Low Calorie Snacks Market
Today, customers are focusing on the adoption of healthy eating practices to maintain healthy living standards. Low calorie snacks have the potential to offer several health benefits without impacting the health as it is prepared from natural and free from ingredients. These days, customers are being more attentive about their diets, this due to the increasing holistic perception about their well-being, such as weight control, encompassing almost every facet of healthy living.
Rendering to the report of NCBI, approximately two-thirds of the adult population in the United States are suffering from obesity. The population with high obesity have a greater risk of several health issues such as fatty liver disease, and osteoarthritis among others. Attaining a healthy body weight by the intake of low calorie snacks can aid blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure. Owing to which the demand for low calorie snacks is increasing and is anticipated to grow over the upcoming years.
Global Low Calorie Snacks: Market Segmentation Based on nature, low calorie snacks market can be segmented as-
Based on source, low calorie snacks market can be segmented as-
Based on packaging, low calorie snacks market can be segmented as-
Based on product type, low calorie snacks market can be segmented as-
- Sweet Snacks
- Savory Snacks
Based on sales channel, low calorie snacks market can be segmented as-
- B2B (Direct Sales)
- B2C (Indirect Sales)
- Store-based Retailing
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Other Retailing Formats
- Online Retailing
- Store-based Retailing
Global Low Calorie Snacks Market: Key Players
The manufacturers operating global low calorie snacks market include Nestlé S.A., Calbee Inc., ConAgra Foods Inc, Tyson Foods, Inc., Danone, PepsiCo, General Mills Inc, Dole Food Company Inc, Mondelez International Inc, The Kraft Heinz Company, The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. and Medifast, Inc. among others.
Opportunities for Market Participants:
Flavors have a major role in low calorie snacks, ongoing innovations and focus on novel and sensational savory low calorie snacks will provide key producers to retain their dedicated consumer bases, along with enticing new consumers. Low calorie snacks manufacturers are often providing customers such new products with a range of ingredients, taste, and flavors. Innovations in low calorie snacks are mostly done by the producers to fulfil the demand of consumer for healthier products without negotiation in texture, flavor, taste, along with nutritional assets of the final product.
The increasing demand for low calorie snacks among the population is increasing concentration of big manufacturers towards the launch of such innovative offerings. Big players are concentrating on the development of the product portfolio of low calorie snacks across the globe.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.