Lock-in Amplifier Market: Introduction
- Lock-in amplifier is an electronic device used to extract signals from noisy environments. Lock-in amplifier extracts pro-sensitive signals that are one million times smaller than noise components.
- Lock-in amplifier measures and converts alternating current signals into direct current output with a pre-programmed instruction to capture the signals of interest.
- Lock-in amplifiers are segmented based on type (digital lock-in amplifiers and analog lock-in amplifier) and application (laboratory, semiconductor, healthcare, industrial, and others)
Rise in Demand in Healthcare Applications
- The healthcare segment is anticipated to see the fastest growth in the global lock-in amplifier market throughout the forecast period due to the rise in demand for lock-in amplifiers in the healthcare industry.
- Lock-in amplifiers are majorly used in confocal microscopy for functions such as THz spectroscopy and ultra-high-speed scanning to extract signals. The growing demand for confocal microscopy in the healthcare domain is likely to boost the demand for lock-in amplifiers.
- Furthermore, confocal microscopy is used to obtain 2D and 3D high-resolution images to increase micrographs optical contrast and resolution by blocking out of focus light from image formation using a spatial pinhole. The demand for confocal microscopy is high due to the need for effective and measurable results to diagnose cancer, which is propelling the growth of the global lock-in amplifier market.
- High energy consumption, high costing, and complexity in design are the major restraining factors of the lock-in amplifier market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Lock-in Amplifier Market
- In terms of region, the global lock-in amplifier market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global lock-in amplifier market throughout the forecast period due to the growing industrial base in developing nations such as China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, and India in the region.
- Moreover, several vendors that offer skincare and skin disease diagnosis devices in the region also propel the growth of the lock-in amplifier market.
- The frequency of skin-related ailments has increased in countries such as China and India because of climate change. An increase in population also boosts the demand for lock-in amplifiers.
- The lock-in amplifier market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of skin-related ailments. The skin diagnostics rate is high as the aging population ratio is also high.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Lock-In Amplifier Market
The global lock-in amplifier market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for lock-in amplifiers. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global lock-in amplifier market include:
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Electro Optical Components Inc.
- Anfatec Instruments AG
- Femto Messtechnik GmbH
- NF Corporation
- Stanford Research Systems Inc.
- Tydex Optics
- Zurich Instruments
- Liquid Instruments
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Lock-In Amplifier Market, Request for a Sample
Global Lock-In Amplifier Market: Research Scope
Global Lock-in Amplifier Market, by Type
- Digital Lock-in Amplifiers
- Analog Lock-in Amplifier
Global Lock-in Amplifier Market, by Application
Global Lock-in Amplifier Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!