Global Locker Systems Market - Introduction
- A locker system is an integrated system that comprises an electronic lock hardware and a built-in application. A locker system offers a combinations of RFID tagging technology, charging facilities and secure storage. These locker systems utilize various access modes including biometric fingerprint reader, smartphone, access control cards, or PIN code entry or tokens. A locker system provides customized electronic platform to enable end-users to securely receive, transfer, drop-off, and store items.
- A locker system primarily enhances the flexibility for keeping the documents, luggage or other personal items as a comparison to traditional locker system. Additionally, a few key features of the locker system are locker reservation, remote system management, and time monitoring of the locker.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Global Locker Systems Market - Dynamics
- Rapid increase in rate of adoption of IoT based systems, or connected systems, is significantly driving the global locker system market. IoT-based locker systems provide various features such as management and maintenance of existing lockers and easy assignment of new lockers to users. Additionally, number of IoT connected devices is rising annually, owing to their wide acceptance and shift in preference toward wireless devices from wired devices.
- This coupled with advancements in technology related to locker system is expected to boost the demand for the locker system in the near future.
- Rate of adoption of locker system is significantly low in low-income economies as compared to other economies. End-users or customers in these economies still prefer conventional or traditional locking systems, due to a lack of awareness about the features and advantages offered by smart locker systems. Therefore, a lack of awareness in developing or underdeveloped nations is hampering the global market.
- However, increasing promotion of smart locker systems related to security concerns, is estimated to significantly overcome this issue in the near future.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a customization here
Global Locker Systems Market - Competitive Landscape
- In November 2018, Allegion Plc signed a collaborative agreement with Amazon to enhance smart home living solutions worldwide.
- The company’s smart home living solutions includes smart locks for residential as well as commercial purposes.
- ASSA ABLOY
- Founded in 1994 and located in Sweden, ASSA ABLOY specializes in door opening products and services across North & South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. The company provides digital door locks, mechanical & electromechanical locks, door fittings solutions, security doors, fire doors, industrial high-security fencings and gates. ASSA ABLOY provides its products under the five brands: Entrematic, ASSA ABLOY, ABLOY, HID, and Yale.
- Allegion plc.
- Founded in 1908 and based in Dublin, Ireland, Allegion plc manufactures mechanical & electronic security solutions worldwide. The company majorly provides doors and door systems, biometric and mobile access control systems; electronic security products, exit devices including locks, locksets, portable locks, and workforce productivity systems. Its products cater to various sectors such as institutional, commercial & residential facilities, healthcare, education, hospitality, and government.
- Cansec Systems Ltd
- Founded in 1979, Cansec Systems Ltd. is a Canada-based company that designs and manufactures biometric readers, biometric door locks, and access control systems for integrated security systems worldwide. The company majorly provides smart lock systems, cloud lock systems, Webster systems, communications devices, ATM readers, and biometric readers, primarily in the U.S. and Canada.
Regional Analysis of Global Locker Systems Market Includes:
- Based on geography, the global locker systems market can be classified into North America, South America, Middle East & Africa, Europe, and Asia Pacific. North America is expected to hold a prominent share of the global market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period, due to increasing adoption of smart locker systems in commercial and residential sectors in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to offer significant opportunity to the market for locker systems during the forecast period, owing to increasing adoption of advanced locker systems and increasing investment in smart locker systems by major companies in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global PC (USB) handset market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
- Onity, Inc.
- GANTNER Electronic GmbH
- Master Lock Company LLC
- August Home
- SentriLock, LLC.
Global Locker Systems Market – Segmentation
- Access Device
- Industry Vertical
Global Locker Systems Market, by Component
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Global Locker Systems Market - by Connectivity
Global Locker Systems Market – by Access Device
Global Locker Systems Market – by Industry Vertical
- Institution & Government
Global PC (USB) Handset Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Automated Smart Locker System
- Smart Locker Solutions
- RFID locks
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.