Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery: Introduction
- Lithium thionyl chloride battery is considered as a primary battery. These batteries comprise a lithium metal anode and thionyl chloride as cathode. These batteries are non-rechargeable.
- Lithium thionyl chloride battery is widely utilized as a new energy source in electronic devices. These batteries supply power to applications for several months and in some cases, years before they need to be replaced.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market
- Rise in industrialization and modernization across the globe is estimated to be a key driver of the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market during the forecast period. Use of lithium thionyl chloride batteries offers benefits such as higher operating temperature range, high energy density, and low self-discharge rate.
- Lithium thionyl chloride batteries are non-polluting and also offer higher safety standards, which complies with UN-related safety requirements. These batteries lack mercury, cadmium, and other heavy materials in their chemical composition. Thus, safety and reliability offered by these batteries are expected to drive the market.
- However, leakage of liquid of batteries and mishandling are some factors that are anticipated to act as a hindrance to the lithium thionyl chloride battery market
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market: Segmentation
- The global lithium thionyl chloride battery market can be segmented in terms of type, battery capacity, and end-user
- In terms of type, the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market can be segmented into bobbin cylindrical and spiral & hybrid cell. The Bobbin cylindrical segment is anticipated to account for a notable share of the global market, as it provides balance of energy and power. Furthermore, it can be customized according to the needs of the customers.
- Based on battery capacity, the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market can be segmented into up to 5,000 mAh, 5,000 mAh - 10,000 mAh, 10,000 mAh- 15,000 mAh, and above 15,000 mAh. 5,000 mAh - 10,000 mAh and 10,000 mAh- 15,000 mAh segments are expected to account for a notable share of the global market due to higher demand from end-users.
- Based on end-user, the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market can be segmented into automobile, aerospace, defense, medical, military, consumer electronics, and others. The medical segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. The lithium thionyl chloride battery provides long battery life. Furthermore, these batteries are lightweight, small in size, and are designed and perform in high temperature environments.
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market owing to the significantly high number of manufacturers of these batteries in the region. Furthermore, demand for lithium thionyl chloride batteries is considerably high in medical, aerospace, and military industries. The U.S. is a major player in global medical, military, consumer electronics and aerospace industries, and the country is estimated to dominate the lithium thionyl chloride battery market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to a rise in industrialization and urbanization in countries in China, India, Indonesia, and Singapore. Therefore, the demand for lithium thionyl chloride batteries is expected to increase significantly in the near future.
- The lithium thionyl chloride battery market in Europe is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period. Europe is a leading region in the development related 5G infrastructure, and 5G technology requires batteries that are stable and durable. Therefore, the demand for lithium thionyl chloride batteries is anticipated to remain high in Europe during the forecast period.
COVID Impact on the Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market
- Demand for lithium thionyl chloride batteries is significantly high in medical, automobile, utility, renewable, and defense industries. However, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has as disrupted the supply chain as well as availability of manpower due to the lockdown in various countries. This leads to reduction in production of lithium thionyl chloride batteries coupled with low demand from end-users, which in turn has drastically hampered the global lithium thionyl chloride battery market.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Elecorev Media Pvt. Ltd
- EaglePicher Technologies
- Maxell Holdings, Ltd.
- EVE Energy Co., Ltd.
- Integer Holdings Corporation
- Jauch Quartz GmbH
- Ultralife Corporation
- Tadiran Batteries GmbH
- Mouser Electronics, Inc.
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market, by Type
- Bobbin Cylindrical
- Spiral & Hybrid Cell
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market, by Battery Capacity
- Up to 5,000 mAh
- 5,000 mAh - 10,000 mAh
- 10,000 mAh- 15,000 mAh
- Above 15,000 mAh
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market, End-user
- Consumer Electronics
Global Lithium Thionyl Chloride Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.