Lithium Cobalt Oxide Market: Introduction
- Lithium cobalt oxide, also called lithium cobaltate or lithium cobaltite, is a dark blue or bluish-gray crystalline solid. It is commonly used in the positive electrodes of lithium-ion batteries. The compound is now being used as cathode in some rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Lithium Cobalt Oxide Market
- The global lithium cobalt oxide market is expected to expand significantly due to an increase in demand for lithium cobalt oxide in battery applications
- Li-cobalt is used in mobile phones, laptops, and digital cameras owing to high specific energy of lithium cobalt oxide. Batteries consist of cobalt oxide cathode and graphite carbon anode.
- Increase in demand for lithium-ion batteries in various applications such as mobiles and computers is expected to drive the lithium cobalt oxide market during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Battery Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of application, the battery segment accounted for major share of the market in 2019. Currently, the most popular lithium-ion technology in battery is the lithium-cobalt oxide (LCO) battery, which has a cathode composed of LiCoO2.
- The main feature of the LCO battery is high energy density, which translates into a long run-time for portable devices such as cell phones, tablets, laptops, and cameras. The cathode material contains 60% cobalt and accounts for 50% of the weight of the cathode.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Lithium Cobalt Oxide Market
- In terms of region, the global lithium cobalt oxide market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major consumer of lithium cobalt oxide across the globe. China and India possess significant potential for many application areas of lithium cobalt oxide. Being a major manufacturing hub for electronic products, China holds immense potential for the growth of the lithium cobalt oxide market. Increase in production of lithium-ion batteries in smart phones and electric vehicles is driving the lithium cobalt oxide market in China.
- Europe accounted for key share of the global market in 2019. Key associations in Europe, such as the Association of European Automotive Industrial Battery Manufacturers and PRBA, are promoting the usage of lithium-ion batteries in different applications. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for lithium cobalt oxide in the near future.
- Significant investment in R&D of battery production, presence of a well-established automotive sector, high production of electric vehicles, and investments by governments to increase battery production in North America and Europe are key factors driving the lithium cobalt oxide market in these regions
- Significant expansion of the battery sector in Germany, France, Italy, South Korea, Japan, India, and China is projected to boost the demand for lithium cobalt oxide in these countries in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Market
High initial capital investments are estimated to hamper the entry of new players in the market. The lithium cobalt oxide market is driven by mergers and acquisitions. Key players operating in the global lithium cobalt oxide market include:
- Tianjin B&M
- ShanShan Co.
- Hunan Rui Xiang New Material
Global Lithium Cobalt Oxide Market: Research Scope
Global Lithium Cobalt Oxide Market, by Application
Global Lithium Cobalt Oxide Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.