Lithium Battery Components Market: Overview
- A lithium battery has four major components: cathode material, anode material, separator, and electrolyte
- Lithium batteries generate electricity through chemical reactions of lithium. Lithium is inserted into the battery and the space for lithium is called cathode. In the cathode of a lithium battery, lithium oxide is used as an active material. The cathode determines the capacity and average voltage of a lithium battery.
- Similarly, the anode substrate is also coated with an active material. Anode stores and releases lithium ions from the cathode, allowing the passage of current through an external circuit.
- Electrolyte serves as a medium that enables the movement of only lithium ions between the cathode and the anode
- The separator functions as a physical barrier keeping the cathode and the anode apart
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Lithium Battery Components Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Lithium Battery Components Market
- Factors such as boom in the demand for electric vehicles and rapid technological advancements are expected to fuel the demand for lithium batteries during the forecast period. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global lithium battery components market between 2019 and 2027.
- Increasing use of smart devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and digital cameras, wherein lithium batteries are employed, is expected to drive the demand for lithium battery components during the forecast period.
Cathode Segment to Expand Rapidly
- The cathode segment of the lithium battery components market witnessed rapid growth in 2018. It is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period also.
- Cathode is the most important component of a lithium battery, as it is a source of lithium ions and it determines the capacity and average voltage of a lithium battery
- Cathode materials are widely used in batteries along with several other carbon-related materials, such as carbon nanotubes (CNTs), carbon nanofiber, and meso-cellular carbon foam. Cathode enhances the decomposition of electrolytes during battery discharging. Due to this, the demand for cathode materials is increasing and the cathode segment is expected to dominate the global lithium battery components market during the forecast period.
Consumer Electronics Segment to Dominate Global Lithium Battery Components Market
- The consumer electronics segment accounted for a major share of the global lithium battery components market in 2018 and it is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period
- Lithium batteries are employed in consumer electronics devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Continuous advancements in the consumer electronics sector and support from governments and associations for the adoption of lithium batteries are factors boosting the global lithium battery industry. This, in turn, is driving the global lithium battery components market.
- Increase in the demand for electric vehicles across the globe is also expected to drive the global lithium battery components market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold a Prominent Share of Global Lithium Battery Components Market
- Geographically, the global lithium battery components market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global lithium battery components market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Rising Internet penetration, increasing disposable income, changing lifestyle, and technological advancements in developing economies, such as China and India, are augmenting sales of portable electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and digital cameras. Increase in sales of portable electronic devices is fueling the demand for lithium batteries in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is driving the lithium battery components market in the region.
- China holds a prominent share of the lithium battery components market in Asia Pacific and it is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. This dominance can be attributed to shift of manufacturing operations by automobile and electronics manufacturers toward China in order to reduce labor and logistics costs and gain access to uninterrupted supply of raw materials.
- In addition to this, in India, consumers are shifting from traditional automobiles toward electric vehicles. This shift can be attributed to rising awareness amongst consumers about reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and low running and maintenance costs associated with electric vehicles.
- However, tax incentives and subsidies offered by several governments, such as the Government of India, for purchase of electric vehicles are fueling the demand for electric vehicles globally. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global lithium battery components market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Lithium Battery Components Market here
Key Players Operating in the Market:
Prominent players operating in the global lithium battery components market are:
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung SDI Co., Ltd
- LG Chem
- Automotive Energy Supply Corporation
- LITEC Co., Ltd
- A123 Systems, LLC
- Toshiba Corporation
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- China BAK Battery Co., Ltd.
- Johnson Controls International Plc
- BYD Company Ltd
Global Lithium Battery Components Market: Research Scope
Global Lithium Battery Components Market, by Type
- Cathode Material
- Anode Material
Global Lithium Battery Components Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Grid Energy
- Power Tools
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.