Market Outlook of Liquid Water Enhancers
Concentrated food products are widely used in the food and beverage industry in an array of forms, ranging from liquids, tablets to powders and are gaining traction across the globe, attributed to the convenience associated with them. Product concentrates are usually offered in small pack size thus offering added convenience to end users while helping retailers in saving shelf space for other products, hence, increasing the margin of manufacturers. Liquid water enhancers are concentrated liquid flavors which may contain electrolytes or caffeine or vitamins or amino acids or their combination, to add flavor or fortify the water for consumption.
Time scarcity among millennial attributed to hectic lifestyle which is triggering an astounding demand for ready to eat food and beverage products in the metropolitan cities across the globe which is anticipated to drive the market of liquid water enhancer market over the forecast period. Liquid water enhancer was first introduced by Kraft Foods Group, Inc. which is the U.S. based grocery manufacturing and processing conglomerate in 2011 through its brand MIO in the U.S. which was a huge success and within few years major player in food and beverage industry such as Nestlé, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo launched their own products to cater the increasing demand making the marketplace more competitive thus anticipated to drive the liquid water enhancers market over the forecast period. In addition many small player have also emerged in market which are offering product targeting niche consumer segments. To cite an example, BPI Sports, LLC which is a U.S. based sports nutrition, offers liquid water enhancers fortified with amino acids targeting active lifestyle consumers. Currently, liquid water enhancers market is dominated by the U.S., however, a number of players have started offering their products outside the U.S., especially in the Western European market and major metropolitan cities in the Asia Pacific. These factors are anticipated to fuel the growth of liquid water enhancer market over the forecast period.
Liquid Water Enhancers are here to stay
The concept of liquid water enhancers is to target millennial, which rely on supplements and functional food and beverages to complete their daily nutritional requirements attributed to their busy lifestyle. Almost all of the key players are offering liquid water enhancer in small sized squeezable plastic bottles which push this product into the swiftly burgeoning on-the-go food and beverage category hence stimulating the growth of liquid water enhancers market in the near future.
Adding few drops of liquid water enhancers adds nutrition, flavor and energy to basic water and it is more economical and convenient than buying flavored or functional water, for instance, Dasani drops which is a liquid water enhancer brand owned by The Coca-Cola Company, offers around 32 servings per container, The product offers multi-fold benefits to the consumers being nutritious, flavorful and healthful which are anticipated to further strengthen the growth of liquid water enhancers market over the forecast period.
Today label-conscious consumers are turning to self-care and are increasingly mindful of what goes into their body, compelling food processors and retailers are expected to focus on highlighting nutrition claims on food labels and positioning their product in the fast-growing perimeter. These trends can be easily seen in the liquid water enhancer market, where the majority of the new product launches are claiming to have natural flavor with zero calories or fortified with vitamins and other nutritional ingredients.
Furthermore, on the backdrop of a continuous increase in demand for the liquid water enhancers, key food, and beverage companies are including liquid water enhancers in their product portfolio which is expected to drive the growth of global liquid water enhancers market over the forecast period. Moreover, to cater the business opportunities in liquid water enhancers market due to the growing appetite for functional and fortified food and beverages around the world has influenced many small players to launch their product thus directing the growth of liquid water enhancers market towards positive trajectory over the forecast period.
Global Liquid Water Enhancers: Market Segmentation
On the basis of flavor, the global Liquid Water Enhancers market has been segmented as –
- Fruit Flavored Liquid Water Enhancer
- Hard fruit flavored Liquid Water Enhancers
- Citrus fruit flavored Liquid Water Enhancers
- Berry fruit flavored Liquid Water Enhancers
- Tropical Fruit flavored liquid water enhancers
- Blended fruit flavored liquid water enhancers
- Coffee flavored liquid water enhancers
- Tea flavored liquid water enhancers
On the basis application, the global Liquid Water Enhancers market has been segmented as –
- Energy stimulant
- Functional (Includes liquid water enhancers which are marketed as electrolytes, vitamin enriched or amino acid enriched or blended)
On the basis of distribution channel, the global Liquid Water Enhancers market has been segmented as –
- Liquid Water Enhancers sales through Online Retailing
- Liquid Water Enhancers sales through Store Based Retailing
- Liquid Water Enhancers sales through Hypermarket/Supermarket
- Liquid Water Enhancers sales through Convenience Store
- Liquid Water Enhancers sales through Traditional Grocery Retailers
- Liquid Water Enhancers sales through Food & Drink Specialty Store
On the basis of flavor type, the global Liquid Water Enhancers market has been segmented as –
- Naturally Flavored Liquid Water Enhancers
- Artificially Flavored Liquid Water Enhancers
Global Liquid Water Enhancers Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Liquid Water Enhancers market are Kraft Foods Group, Inc, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, The Coca Cola company, PepsiCo Inc., Nestlé, BPI Sports, LLC and among others
Brief Approach to Research on Liquid Water Enhancers Market
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report -
Some of the key data points covered in our report on include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major participants in market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.