Rise in Need for Effective Thermal Management in Global Electronics Industry to Create Opportunity for Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market
- Effective thermal management remains a key to ensuring consistent long-term performance and reliability of electronic devices. Liquid versions of thermal interface materials have become increasingly prevalent in the recent years. These liquid products offer low-cost alternatives for thermal interface pads.
- Liquid thermal interface materials are dispensed as a liquid. They can either remain in a liquid state or cure-in-place in the application, thereby forming a thermally conductive, dielectric layer. Liquid thermal interface materials offer several functional advantages over traditional methods, for instance, ease of automation and low thermal resistance. This results in significant cost savings.
- Liquid thermal interface materials facilitate the use of a single material in several applications and in diverse forms. This leads to price advantage while purchasing materials in large volumes.
- Use of liquid thermal interface materials in thermal management systems is expected to gain significant momentum in the near future, due to their exceptional heat extraction and conducting abilities, which offer higher efficacy than the conventional coolants
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market
- Properly applied thermal interface materials replace the air present in gaps between the two objects with a material with much higher thermal conductivity. With an increasing range of electronic applications calling for smaller packaging, higher power, and lower cost, the need for innovative and high-performance thermal solutions designed for ease of automation is expected to increase substantially between 2019 and 2027.
- The automotive segment accounted for a major share of the global liquid thermal interface materials market in 2018, owing to the rising trends of production of electric vehicles, autonomous driving, advanced driver assistance systems (ADASs), and networking of vehicles.
- Electric vehicles is the future of the global automotive industry. Strong indicators depicted by the electric vehicles industry are estimated to create significant demand for liquid thermal interface materials during the forecast period.
Thermal Grease, Thermal Adhesive Fluids, and Thermal Liquid Metals to Witness Substantial Demand
- Based on product, the global liquid thermal interface materials market can be segmented into thermal grease, thermal adhesive fluids, and thermal liquid metals
- Demand for all these product types of liquid thermal interface materials is expected to rise in the global electronics industry during the forecast period, as they help in reducing the overall cost of production while enhancing the thermal performance of assemblies
- Liquid thermal interface materials essentially involve no dimensional restrictions and they can be dispensed to fill any dimension. They can displace several thermal interface materials used within the module and reduce the overall part count within the module.
Significant Growth Potential of Automotive Electronics Segment
- Based on application, the global liquid thermal interface materials market can be divided into computers, automotive electronics, industrial machinery, telecommunications, consumer durables, medical devices, and others. Liquid thermal interface materials were originally designed for use in highly automated production lines. In terms of demand, the automotive electronics segment is projected to hold a major share of the global market for liquid thermal interface materials between 2019 and 2027.
- Thermal management systems offer a wide range of benefits such as temperature uniformity, better heat transfer, improved energy density in batteries, and fire suppression. This makes it a lucrative technology for use in the automotive industry. In order to meet the surging demand for thermal management of components in electric vehicles, Lord Corporation has invested about US$ 15.5 Mn in the expansion of operations at its Hückelhoven facility in Germany.
- Liquid thermal interface materials are likely to be used largely in high-performance smartphones to prevent those from heating as well as in the cooling mechanism of computers and laptops
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market here
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Liquid Thermal Interface Materials
- In terms of region, the global liquid thermal interface materials market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- China’s leading position in various end-user industries such as consumer electronics, aerospace, and automotive is likely to propel the demand for liquid thermal interface materials in the near future
- Electro-mobility is a leading priority in China. The country continues to play an increasingly dynamic role as a global provider of e-mobility. According to the Government of China, five million electric cars are set to hit China’s roads by 2020. Manufacturers need to sell at least 12% of new cars with electric motors by 2020 in order to avoid high penalties. These trends are anticipated to present significant potential for the liquid thermal interface materials market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global liquid thermal interface materials market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Lord Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Laird Technology
- Momentive Inc.
- Indium Corporation
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Ltd
- Boyd Corporation
- Marian Inc.
Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market, by Product
- Thermal Grease
- Thermal Adhesive Fluids
- Thermal Liquid Metals
Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market, by Application
- Automotive Electronics
- Industrial Machinery
- Consumer Durables
- Medical Devices
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.