Rise in Need for Effective Thermal Management in Global Electronics Industry to Create Opportunity for Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market
- Effective thermal management remains a key to ensuring consistent long-term performance and reliability of electronic devices. Liquid versions of thermal interface materials have become increasingly prevalent in the recent years. These liquid products offer low-cost alternatives for thermal interface pads.
- Liquid thermal interface materials are dispensed as a liquid. They can either remain in a liquid state or cure-in-place in the application, thereby forming a thermally conductive, dielectric layer. Liquid thermal interface materials offer several functional advantages over traditional methods, for instance, ease of automation and low thermal resistance. This results in significant cost savings.
- Liquid thermal interface materials facilitate the use of a single material in several applications and in diverse forms. This leads to price advantage while purchasing materials in large volumes.
- Use of liquid thermal interface materials in thermal management systems is expected to gain significant momentum in the near future, due to their exceptional heat extraction and conducting abilities, which offer higher efficacy than the conventional coolants
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market
- Properly applied thermal interface materials replace the air present in gaps between the two objects with a material with much higher thermal conductivity. With an increasing range of electronic applications calling for smaller packaging, higher power, and lower cost, the need for innovative and high-performance thermal solutions designed for ease of automation is expected to increase substantially between 2019 and 2027.
- The automotive segment accounted for a major share of the global liquid thermal interface materials market in 2018, owing to the rising trends of production of electric vehicles, autonomous driving, advanced driver assistance systems (ADASs), and networking of vehicles.
- Electric vehicles is the future of the global automotive industry. Strong indicators depicted by the electric vehicles industry are estimated to create significant demand for liquid thermal interface materials during the forecast period.
Thermal Grease, Thermal Adhesive Fluids, and Thermal Liquid Metals to Witness Substantial Demand
- Based on product, the global liquid thermal interface materials market can be segmented into thermal grease, thermal adhesive fluids, and thermal liquid metals
- Demand for all these product types of liquid thermal interface materials is expected to rise in the global electronics industry during the forecast period, as they help in reducing the overall cost of production while enhancing the thermal performance of assemblies
- Liquid thermal interface materials essentially involve no dimensional restrictions and they can be dispensed to fill any dimension. They can displace several thermal interface materials used within the module and reduce the overall part count within the module.
Significant Growth Potential of Automotive Electronics Segment
- Based on application, the global liquid thermal interface materials market can be divided into computers, automotive electronics, industrial machinery, telecommunications, consumer durables, medical devices, and others. Liquid thermal interface materials were originally designed for use in highly automated production lines. In terms of demand, the automotive electronics segment is projected to hold a major share of the global market for liquid thermal interface materials between 2019 and 2027.
- Thermal management systems offer a wide range of benefits such as temperature uniformity, better heat transfer, improved energy density in batteries, and fire suppression. This makes it a lucrative technology for use in the automotive industry. In order to meet the surging demand for thermal management of components in electric vehicles, Lord Corporation has invested about US$ 15.5 Mn in the expansion of operations at its Hückelhoven facility in Germany.
- Liquid thermal interface materials are likely to be used largely in high-performance smartphones to prevent those from heating as well as in the cooling mechanism of computers and laptops
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market here
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Liquid Thermal Interface Materials
- In terms of region, the global liquid thermal interface materials market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- China’s leading position in various end-user industries such as consumer electronics, aerospace, and automotive is likely to propel the demand for liquid thermal interface materials in the near future
- Electro-mobility is a leading priority in China. The country continues to play an increasingly dynamic role as a global provider of e-mobility. According to the Government of China, five million electric cars are set to hit China’s roads by 2020. Manufacturers need to sell at least 12% of new cars with electric motors by 2020 in order to avoid high penalties. These trends are anticipated to present significant potential for the liquid thermal interface materials market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global liquid thermal interface materials market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Lord Corporation
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Laird Technology
- Momentive Inc.
- Indium Corporation
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Ltd
- Boyd Corporation
- Marian Inc.
Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market, by Product
- Thermal Grease
- Thermal Adhesive Fluids
- Thermal Liquid Metals
Global Liquid Thermal Interface Materials Market, by Application
- Automotive Electronics
- Industrial Machinery
- Consumer Durables
- Medical Devices
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.