Liquid Sandpaper Market: Easy & Safe Solution
- Liquid sandpaper is a chemical solution that separates the glossy layer from a painted item, allowing o-ne to paint over the object without the paint dripping off.
- Liquid sandpaper is made from chemicals such as naphtha, ethyl acetate, and ethyl alcohol. It is also referred to as deglosser or deglossing solution and wet sanding.
- Liquid sandpaper provides the benefit that a regularly used sandpaper cannot provide. For instance, liquid sandpaper is easier to apply and safer to use. It does not require physical exertion and there are no messy dust particles to sweep away.
- Liquid sandpaper does not scratch up the surface or remove paint akin to a paint stripper. It deglosses by preparing the surface for a new coating of paint or topcoat.
- It is ideal to remove paint with the help of a liquid sandpaper in ornate objects with grooves and intricate designs. Traditional sandpaper is not helpful to sand down such delicate objects.
Key Drivers of Liquid Sandpaper Market
- Rise in numbers of home owners and buyers is significantly boosting the demand for liquid sandpapers across the globe
- Liquid sandpaper helps remove layers of gloss, paint, or polish, or any layers of products that are added to the surface to provide finishing touch in lesser time vis-à-vis the time taken by a sandpaper
- Easy to use and safety characteristics of liquid sandpapers are propelling the demand for liquid sandpapers across the globe
- Better adhesion properties of liquid sandpapers make these ideal for applications in high gloss paints
Key Restraints of Liquid Sandpaper Market
- Liquid sandpaper is highly flammable. Thus, it can be hazardous to the environment. Therefore, liquid sandpaper is used only in specific applications.
- Highly volatile nature of liquid sandpaper is another drawback of the liquid sandpaper market. The usage of liquid sandpaper is restricted to controlled pressure and temperature environment.
Significant Opportunities in Renovation, Repair, and Maintenance Activities in Infrastructure
- Liquid sandpaper is used in repair, renovation, and maintenance work of infrastructure in residential construction activities. This provides lucrative opportunities to the liquid sandpaper market.
- Liquid sandpaper is safe to use. It provides better quality of new coat of paint once the surface has been properly cleaned.
- Liquid sandpaper is preferred for applications in complicated surfaces such as nooks, crannies, and crown molding. Its liquid nature makes it ideal to cover all surface areas, even intricate pieces. It can be used in applications that are nearly impossible to work with sandpaper alone.
- Unlike sand paper, liquid sandpaper helps peel off chemicals and remove gloss & layers without employing any abrasive force. Therefore, it is considered an ideal option for refinishing antiques and other valuables without risking overworking the surfaces with rough abrasives.
North America and Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Liquid Sandpaper Market
- In terms of region, the global liquid sandpaper market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Asia Pacific are expected to be key regions of the global liquid sandpaper market by 2027.
- North America accounted for the largest consumption of liquid sandpapers in 2017. It is slated to constitute the major share of the global market during the forecast period. The U.S. is one of the technologically advanced regions across the globe. Demand for home refurbishment, wherein liquid sandpaper is used, is high in the country.
- Asia Pacific has been experiencing high rate of urbanization, growth in infrastructure, and increase in population. Demand for liquid sandpaper has been high in developing countries of Asia Pacific, including India and China, due to the rise in in numbers of home owners, growth in infrastructure, increase in urbanization, and improvement in the standard of living of the people.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global liquid sandpaper market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Wilson Imperial
- Klean Strip
- Heinrich König & Co. KG
- WM BARR
Global Liquid Sandpaper Market: Research Scope
Global Liquid Sandpaper Market, by Form
- Rough Particles
- Medium Coarseness Particles
- Fine Particles
- Ultra-fine Particles
Global Liquid Sandpaper Market, by End-use Industry
- Paint Finish
- High-end Furniture and Car Polish
Global Liquid Sandpaper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.