Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market: Low Cost Dielectric Materials
- Liquid crystal polymer molecules can be mutually aligned and organized (crystal), yet the bulk liquid crystal polymer can flow (liquid) in the molten state. This behavior of liquid crystal polymers films and laminates is unlike other ordinary polymers.
- Liquid crystal polymer films and laminates are low-cost dielectric materials that are considered ideal for high-density system-on-package integration
- Liquid crystal polymer films and laminates offers advantages such as low moisture absorption, low coefficient of hydroscopic expansion, smooth surface, excellent barrier properties, and adjustable coefficient of thermal expansion through thermal treatment processes
- Liquid crystal polymers films and laminates are used in consumer goods, electronic devices, automotive, engineering plastics, and others.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Key Drivers of Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market
- Demand for liquid crystal polymer films and laminates has been increasing, due to the high demand in the electrical & electronics industry. Rise in demand for electrical devices such as mobiles, laptops, and televisions; and electrical devices such as motors, stators, and sockets & PCBs is driving the demand for liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market.
- Expansion of the automotive industry is also estimated to drive the liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market. Growth in the automotive sector can be ascribed to the rise in consumer demand for high-end vehicles.
Widening Application Scope to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Wide applications of liquid crystal polymer films and laminates is expected to create lucrative opportunities in the market in the near future. Introduction of smart windows in residential and commercial buildings to control the light, sound, privacy, and insulation is expected to create more opportunities for liquid crystal polymer films and laminates.
- Liquid crystal polymer and laminates are employed just in niche applications. However, there exists large scope to expand their usage in other applications.
High Cost and Low Weld Property of Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates to Hamper Market
- High cost of liquid crystal polymer films and laminates is hampering the market. Liquid crystal polymer films and laminates are costlier than the conventional polymer films and laminates.
- Low-weld properties of liquid crystal polymer films and laminates are also estimated to hamper the market in the near future. Difficulty in metal adhesion during the formation of laminates is considered a major challenge for players operating in the global liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market
- Geographically, the global liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of liquid crystal polymer films and laminates, followed by North America and Europe. China, India, and Japan are key countries operating in the liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in demand for liquid crystal polymer films and laminates, led by the increase in sales of new electric vehicles in developing economies of Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of liquid crystal polymer films and laminates in the region during the forecast period
- The market in North America is expected to expand owing to the rise in demand for miniaturized electrical & electronics devices in the U.S. and Canada
- Europe is likely to account for considerable share of the global liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market between 2019 and 2027, due to the rise in demand for lightweight, high performance materials in the automotive industry of several countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, Russia, and Italy
- Increase in demand for liquid crystal polymer films and laminates in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to boost the market in these regions in the near future
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market here
Key Players in Market
The global liquid crystal polymer films and laminates market is fragmented, with the leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% share of the market. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Kuraray Co Ltd
- Celanese Corporation
- Rogers Corporation
- Polyplastics Co Ltd
- Toray Industries Inc.
- PolyOne Corporation
- RTP Company
- Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co Ltd
Global Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market: Research Scope
Global Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market, by Type
- Liquid Crystal Polymer Films
- Liquid Crystal Polymer Laminates
Global Liquid Crystal Polymer Films and Laminates Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
- Automotive & Transportation
- Medical Devices
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.