Linen Yarn Market: Overview
- Linen is made from fibers of flax plant. It is laborious to manufacture. However, fiber made of it is very strong, absorbent, and dries faster than cotton.
- Linen yarn is spun from long fibers which are found behind the bark in the multi-layer systems of the flax plant. The cellulose fiber from the stem is spinnable and used for the production of thread, cordage, and twine.
- Manufacturing of linen yarn does not require any special design processes. All that has to be determined prior to manufacturing is the thickness of the yarn to be spun. The thickness of linen is also dependent upon production and demand of customers.
- Linen yarn is used to weave fabrics for beds and bathrobes & towels, home and furnishing items, apparels, and industrial products
- Linen yarns are cozy, comfortable, and twice as strong as cotton. They can absorb sweat very easily and give very comfortable feel. Furthermore, they are easy to wash.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Linen Yarn Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Global Linen Yarn Market
- The global linen yarn market is driven by heavy demand from apparels and home textiles. Fast fashion in designer clothes, that too in modest price, is augmenting the demand for linen yarn.
- Demand for clothing never dies due to evergreen fashion trends, increase in disposable income of people, and technological advancement in weaving and knitting. Currently, innovation and research have become integral part of the textile industry.
- Increase in demand for stylish clothes is driving the linen yarn market. Furthermore, trends such as new seasonal outfits for every season, increase the frequency of buying new clothes, thereby driving the linen yarn market.
Demand from Developing Regions to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa are expected to be lucrative markets for linen yarn.
- Asia Pacific is the largest manufacturer of linen yarn, where Japan is its major producer. Japan also possesses its own channels to distribute linen yarn in other demanding regions, such as North America and Europe.
Environmental challenges to Hamper Global Linen Yarn Market
- Linen yarn comes under textile industry and the textile industry is facing tremendous environmental challenges, due to toxic chemicals and wastewater emitted by the industry
- Fabric made from linen yarn tends to crease and traces on fabric remain even with a slight touch to the surface. Even a freshly ironed or stripped fabric would become crumpled by slightest bend or because of the contact with the environmental moisture, heat or rain.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Linen Yarn Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Linen Yarn Market
- The global linen yarn market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of linen yarn, followed by North America and Europe. Increase in production capacity and low wages is anticipated to boost the market in Asia Pacific. In Asia Pacific, China accounted for major market share in 2018. It is estimated to be a prominent market for linen yarn during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for linen yarn from various textile industries.
- In North America and Europe, the linen yarn market is expanding at a fast pace, as the market is experiencing higher levels of commercialization of the fabric market in the regions over the forecast period
- Rise in import of linen yarn in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, due to increase in quality awareness among consumers, is likely to boost its demand in these regions
Key Players in Global Linen Yarn Market
The global linen yarn market is highly fragmented, with leading manufacturers accounting for approximately 10% - 20% share of the market. Key players operating in the linen yarn market include:
- Power2SME Private Limited
- Huzhou Jinlongma
- Haerbin Yanshou
- Meriti Group
- Yogi Yarns
- STAR Group
- NZ Group
Global Linen Yarn Market: Research Scope
Global Linen Yarn Market, by Type
- Short Fiber
- Long Fiber
Global Linen Yarn Market, by Application
- Home Textile
- Seat Covers
- Others (medical and sports applications)
Global Linen Yarn Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.