Global Linen Fabric Market: Snapshot
Linen fabric has been of worldwide commercial importance in the textile industry for centuries and has the one of the most commonly used fabric for clothing and laundry. The popularity of linen fabric in making clothing especially suited for summer has even exceeded the one garnered by cotton fabric for variety of properties has. This has led to a steady evolution of the global linen fabric market.
The textile industry for several decades has been focused on utilizing the various properties of linen fabric such as its porous and anti-bacterial nature; heat and moisture-absorbing properties; and high-pitched gleam property to create a wide range of textiles. The durability and breathability of the linen fabric, combined with its premium feel, has made it suitable for business attires and wardrobe accents, thus helping in the rapid evolution of the global linen fabric market. In response to rising popularity, several countries that do not commercially produce linen fabric have been importing it, helping the global to grow from strength to strength during the assessment period of 2018–2026.
Global Linen Fabric Market: Notable Developments
A great number of companies are diversifying their portfolio to gain a better foothold in the global linen fabric market. Several of them are targeting customers from emerging economies to expand their geographic footprint.
- An India-based textile industry company Grasim Industries has recently announced that it has acquired Soktas India Pvt. Ltd. by acquiring all of the latter’s capital. It is a subsidiary of Soktas Tekstil Sanayi ve Ticaret AS, and markets premium shirting made from various materials including linen fabric. The move is a strategic one and will help pull substantial funds for Soktas to reinforce its capital standing, which will expectedly bolster its position in the linen fabric market. Grasim Industries is a part of Aditya Birla Group (ABG) and is considered a stalwart in the India textile industry.
- A similar development in the linen fabric market is by Jaya Shree Textiles, an entity of ABG, has around the end of last year announced the launch of linen-blended fabrics under a new brand (Mazury). This will in essence complement linen-blended apparels under its already existing brand (Cavallo). The company has also made up its mind to implement productivity-linked five-year wage pact to address rising workers’ unrest.
Some of the well-entrenched names in the global linen fabric market are Tommy Hilfiger, American Eagle, H&M, Ralph Lauren, and Peacock Alley.
Global Linen Fabric Market: Key Growth Dynamics
The rising use of linen fabric in making a wide variety of men’s and women’s clothing and laundry is a key factor bolstering revenues in the market. The global linen fabric market has been witnessing several large lucrative avenues in the premium clothing segment, owing to the utilization of mix of attractive properties the fabric has. The role that linen fabric apparels have in lifestyle clothing is contributing to the generation of copious revenues in the linen fabric market. Moreover, the use of linen fabric in fashionable accessories has risen substantial in emerging economies such as China, India, Brazil, and other parts of the Asia Pacific region.
There is rising use of linen fabric in the making of a variety of wardrobe accents and business attire, thereby boosting the global linen fabric market. They are available in a wide range of colors, giving consumers an extended range of clothing they desire. However, there are some drawbacks of the linen fabric, such as it is less elastic hence more prone to wrinkling. However, the downsides have been offset by the large variety of apparels linen fabric can be made into, thus fueling the demand in the linen fabric market.
Global Linen Fabric Market: Regional Assessment
On the regional front, Europe, Asia Pacific, and North America are expected to be prominent regions in the global linen fabric market. In particular, Europe and some economies of Asia Pacific are emerging potentially lucrative markets for linen fabric. Extensive demand for premium clothing brands made of linen fabric among the populations of Europe has been generating considerable revenues to the global linen fabric market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.