Global Limited Slip Differential Market - Introduction
Limited slip differential is a type of automotive differential that functions as an open differential as well as locked differential. It prevents extra power from being allocated to one wheel. Limited slip differential offers better traction in off-road and snow conditions. Mostly, the limited slip differential functions as an open differential, and while driving in slippery conditions, it automatically locks and functions as a lock differential. The limited slip differential improves the driver’s control, enhances the vehicle’s power efficiency, delivers better traction control, and provides better cornering. It is largely preferred over the traditional automotive differential and is currently quite popular.
Global Limited Slip Differential Market - Competitive Landscape
- In 2017, at the Frankfurt Motor Show, GKN Plc presented an electric driveline concept for car that was claimed to be the world’s most advanced concept for electric driveline “Dubbed eTwinsterX”. The system fetches couple of technologies already commercialized by the company along with few key innovations. The technology has been made available for production vehicles of Range Rover Evoque and the Ford Focus RS. Moreover, the technology also produces a negative torque effect to decelerate the vehicle speed, and offers a limited-slip differential function.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Established in 1921, JTEKT Corporation currently has its headquarters in Osaka, Japan. The company operates through four business areas which includes bearings, steering, machine tools & mechatronics, and driveline. It operates through several locations spread across Europe, North America, Asia, Oceania, and South Africa. In 2016, JTEKT Corporation acquired 922 patents.
Founded in 1911, Eaton is presently based in Dublin, Ireland. Eaton is a leading company providing solutions to aviation, automobile, hydraulics, filtration, and electrical sectors. The company operates in over 60 countries and delivers products over 175 countries. In 2016, 68% of the company’s automotive sales were made to nine large original equipment manufacturers.
Drexler Automotive GmbH
Established in 1998, Drexler Automotive GmbH currently has its headquarters in Salzweg, Germany. The company is a leading manufacturer of innovative drive train technology for racing cars, sports, and super sports cars. It supplies limited slip differentials to major OEMs including BMW, Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, and Ford. The company has sales offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Italy, Austria, the Czech Republic, England, the Netherlands, Russia, and the U.S.
Global Limited Slip Differential Market - Dynamics
Demand for four-wheel drive system with improved traction and enhanced handling experience driving demand for limited slip differential
Presently, four-wheel drive system are gaining popularity across the globe. This is due to their ability to offer excellent grip in slippery conditions, better traction, maximum comfort, improved ride handling experience, and better off-road driving. Moreover, the differential also provides enhanced stability while cornering, starting and acceleration performance, straight line stability, and hill climbing performance are boosting the demand for 4WD systems. This trend is anticipated to continue in the near future, thereby boosting the demand for four-wheel drive system.
Furthermore, increasing demand for SUVs and crossovers due to higher off-road driving activities is likely to boost the four-wheel drive segment, thereby boosting the limited slip differential market.
Surge in popularity of off-road vehicles and sports cars around the world
Demand for off-road vehicles has been increasing for the last couple of years, owing to rising demand for drive for all types of surfaces such as desert areas, grasslands, rugged terrain, and concrete roads. Moreover, demand for all-terrain vehicles for different applications, such as agriculture, forestry, and mountain ride, is increasing. Off-road vehicles are equipped with limited slip differentials, which provide better traction and ride handling experience. This is anticipated to augment the limited slip differential market in the near future.
Electric vehicles consisting of motors at each wheel to restraint limited slip differential market
Majority of electric vehicles are integrated with a single electric motor, which generates power and distributes it via the differential. However, a few electric vehicles have separate motors for each wheel, which eliminates the need for a differential. New electric cars manufactured by top auto manufacturers use this technology. This is likely to hinder the limited slip differential market in the near future.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Limited Slip Differential Market - Segmentation
Based on operation, the global limited slip differential market can be bifurcated into
- Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
- Electronic Limited Slip Differential
In terms of vehicle type, the global limited slip differential market can be classified into
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Based on propulsion, the global limited slip differential market can be divided into
Based on system, the global limited slip differential market can be split into
Based on sales channel, the global limited slip differential market can be segregated into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.