Lightweight Construction Materials Market: Introduction
- Lightweight construction materials have lower density than water; however, their strength-to-weight ratio is higher than that of aluminum or steel
- Modern materials including composite materials used for lightweight construction are used across all industrial sectors in order to reduce production costs, improve product quality and functionality, and increase resilience. Additionally, the use of lightweight construction materials helps in optimizing the production processes and the use of materials in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Lightweight Construction Materials Market
- Rise in the adoption of lightweight materials and increase in the production of aircraft in developing countries are expected to augment the demand for advanced composites during the forecast period. This is anticipated to drive the global lightweight construction materials market in the near future.
- Growth of the aerospace & defense sector in countries such as India and China is likely to fuel the demand for lightweight materials such as aluminum for its use in the manufacturing of various parts of aircrafts. Properties of lightweight construction materials, such as enhanced dynamics and comfort, are likely to make aluminum the most significant lightweight construction material in the aerospace & defense sector.
- In addition, with rise in the competition in raw materials for production of various parts of automotive, car manufacturers and aluminum distributors are working closely with each other to decrease the overall weight of the vehicle structure. Aluminum offers a better cost-benefit ratio than any of its substitute materials, which makes it a material of choice for production of various automotive parts.
- Moreover, rise in investments in application-oriented research and development is likely to improve properties of materials in the near future. Optimization of the process for production of lightweight construction materials is expected to drive the global lightweight construction materials market during the forecast period.
Building & Construction Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Developments in the nanotechnology and nanomaterials are likely to offer lucrative opportunities to the global construction industry in the near future. Additionally, nano cement particles help in filling pores more effectively, thereby enhancing the overall strength and durability of cement. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for lightweight construction materials across the globe.
- Rising use of cement-based construction materials, such as ultra-high-performance concrete (UHPC) and photo-catalytically active concrete products and coatings, is likely to drive the demand for lightweight construction materials, especially in the building & construction sector, in the next few years.
- Rising research activities and foreign direct investment (FDI) in the building & construction sector, typically in Europe and North America, are likely to provide immense opportunities to manufacturers of lightweight construction materials in these regions in the near future
- Increase of pressure to reduce CO2 emissions during the production of cement is likely to drive the demand for nanomaterials such as graphene in the near future. Graphene’s high tensile strength, optical transparency and excellent electrical conductivity, makes it an ideal material for its use in construction industry.
High Production Costs and Lack of Awareness among Consumers to Hamper Market
- Factors such as rapid fluctuations in raw material prices and high costs of carbon fibers is likely to restrict its use in the manufacturing of automotive components. This is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Lightweight construction materials are made by using sophisticated technologies those are not commercial on the large scale in the market. This, in turn, is expected to hamper the global market during the forecast period.
- Economic slowdown coupled with slowdown of the automotive sector in developing regions, such as Asia Pacific is expected to hamper sales of lightweight construction materials in the near future
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Lightweight Construction Materials Market here
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market
- Geographically, the global market for lightweight construction materials can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to be the leading consumer of lightweight construction materials across the globe in the near future. In terms of research & development and production capacities, Germany is becoming the leading player in the market for lightweight construction materials in Europe.
- Across North America, manufacturers of lightweight construction materials are primarily engaged in mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and new product launches in order to gain higher market share
- Growth of aerospace & defense and building & construction sectors in Asia Pacific, especially in countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea, is expected to generate high demand for lightweight construction materials during the forecast period
- Rising FDIs in aerospace & defense and building & construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Rising imports of lightweight construction materials in the construction industry in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to boost the market in these regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market
The global lightweight construction materials market is highly consolidated concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the market. A few of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Henkel Corporation
- KGF Industrial Plants GmbH
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Henkel Corporation
- Owens Corning Corporation
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Hexcel Corporation
- Zoltek Companies Inc.
- UC Rusal
- Aluminium Corporation of China
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, by Type
- High-performance Steel
- Carbon Composites
- Ceramic Materials
- Others (Including Wood and Technical Textiles)
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Aerospace & Defense
- Others (Including Machinery and Equipment)
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.