Lightweight Construction Materials: Introduction
- Lightweight construction materials have lower density than water; however, their strength-to-weight ratio is higher than that of aluminum or steel
- Modern materials including composite materials used for lightweight construction are employed across all industrial sectors in order to reduce production costs, improve product quality and functionality, and increase resilience. Additionally, the use of lightweight construction materials helps optimize production processes and the use of materials in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Lightweight Construction Materials Market
- Rise in adoption of lightweight materials and increase in production of aircraft in developing countries are expected to augment the demand for advanced composites during the forecast period. This is anticipated to drive the global lightweight construction materials market in the near future.
- Growth of the aerospace & defense sector in countries such as India and China is likely to fuel the demand for lightweight materials such as aluminum for its usage in the manufacture of various parts of aircraft. Properties of lightweight construction materials, such as enhanced dynamics and comfort, are likely to make aluminum the most significant lightweight construction material in the aerospace & defense sector.
- Car manufacturers and aluminum distributors are working closely with each other to decrease the overall weight of the vehicle structure. Aluminum offers a better cost-benefit ratio than any of its substitute materials. This makes it a material of choice for the production of various automotive parts.
- Rise in investments in application-oriented research and development is expected to improve properties of materials in the near future. Optimization of the process for production of lightweight construction materials is anticipated to drive the global lightweight construction materials market during the forecast period.
- Fluctuation in raw material prices and high costs of carbon fibers are likely to restrict their usage in the manufacture of automotive components. This is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Lightweight construction materials are made by using sophisticated technologies that are not commercial on the large scale in the market. This, in turn, is estimated to hamper the global market during the forecast period.
- Economic slowdown and contraction of the automotive sector in developing regions, such as Asia Pacific, are expected to hamper sales of lightweight construction materials in the near future
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has adversely impacted the construction industry, as developers have halted investments in new construction projects. Construction of building was hampered initially due to lockdowns, as governments of various countries restricted movement of individuals and goods. However, relaxation of lockdowns is estimated to encourage investment in the construction of new projects. This is anticipated to boost the lightweight construction materials market in the near future.
Building & Construction End-user Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global lightweight construction materials market can be segmented based on type, end-user, and region
- Based on type, the global lightweight construction materials market can be segregated into high performance steel, carbon composites, aluminum, ceramic materials, nanomaterials, and others. Increase in pressure to reduce CO2 emissions during the production of cement is likely to drive the demand for nanomaterials such as graphene in the near future. Graphene’s high tensile strength, optical transparency, and excellent electrical conductivity make it an ideal material for usage in the construction industry
- Based on end-user, the lightweight construction materials market can be divided into building & construction, automotive, aerospace & defense, and others. Rise in usage of cement-based construction materials, such as ultra-high-performance concrete (UHPC) and photo-catalytically active concrete products and coatings, is estimated to drive the demand for lightweight construction materials, especially in the building & construction sector, in the next few years.
Europe to Constitute Major Share of Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market
- Geographically, the global market for lightweight construction materials can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to be the leading consumer of lightweight construction materials across the globe in the near future. In terms of research & development and production capacities, Germany is becoming the leading player in the market for lightweight construction materials in Europe.
- Manufacturers of lightweight construction materials in North America are primarily engaged in mergers and acquisitions (M&As) and new product launches in order to gain higher market share
- Growth of aerospace & defense and building & construction sectors in Asia Pacific, especially in countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea, is expected to boot the demand for lightweight construction materials in the region during the forecast period
- Rise in FDI in aerospace & defense and building & construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the lightweight construction materials market in the region during the forecast period
- Increase in import of lightweight construction materials in the construction industry in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to boost the market in these regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global lightweight construction materials market include:
- Henkel Corporation
- KGF Industrial Plants GmbH
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Owens Corning Corporation
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Hexcel Corporation
- Zoltek Companies Inc.
- UC Rusal
- Aluminum Corporation of China
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, by Type
- High-performance Steel
- Carbon Composites
- Ceramic Materials
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, by End-user
- Building & Construction
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Lightweight Construction Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.