Lightning Arrester Market: Introduction
- A lightning arrester is used to protect an electric power and telecommunication system from the high-voltage surge of lightning. It does not allow current to flow to the ground until system voltage reaches the normal level.
- Lightning arresters are rated for voltage only and they are designated as 100%, 80% and 70% arresters. The 80% arresters are suitable for use in solidly grounded systems, whereas 100% arresters are used on systems with isolated neutrals and systems earthed through impedances.
- The global lightning arrester market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for lightning arresters for use as protective devices for overhead lines, sub-stations, generating stations, cables, and rotating machinery
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Lightning Arrester Market
- Lightning arresters are used to protect conductor and electronic components from the effect of lightning
- Rise in the demand for electric appliances and housewares is augmenting the requirement for protective systems. Since these devices are extremely sensitive to high voltage, lightning arresters need to be installed. This factor is anticipated to boost the demand for lightning arresters in the near future. The impact of this driver is estimated to be high throughout the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global lightning arrester market are investing in the expansion of their product portfolios as well as distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions in order to cater to the increasing demand for lightning arresters across the globe.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Middle East & Africa Market to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- The lightning arrester market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at the most rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing investments in smart grids and energy systems in the region.
- The Middle East & Africa region consists of countries such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar, wherein people have high purchasing power. Rapid industrialization and aging power infrastructure in these countries are expected to positively impact the lightning arrester market in the region during the forecast period.
- The construction & infrastructure industry in the region is expected to expand in the near future. This factor, in turn, is expected to promote growth of the global lightning arrester market during the forecast period.
Investments in Infrastructure of Smart Grids to Drive Market
- Governments of several countries are investing in smart grid infrastructure as a strategic investment for increasing the energy efficiency
- This strategic investment in infrastructure is expected to enable long-term economic growth of these countries and help them reduce carbon emissions
- This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the demand for lightning arresters required for protection of electric power circuits in the next few years
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Lightning Arrester Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of lightning arresters, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for a major share of the market for lightning arresters in Asia Pacific.
- Increase in the demand for lightning arresters in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continued urbanization and development of infrastructure in the region
- Growth of industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global lightning arrester market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global lightning arrester market are:
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Leviton Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- ABB Limited
- Belkin International, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
- Crompton Greaves,
- General Electric Company
- Siemens AG
- Eaton Corporation Inc.
Global Lightning Arrester Market: Research Scope
Global Lightning Arrester Market, by Type
- Rod Gap Lightning Arrester
- Expulsion Lightning Arrester
- Continuous Cast Lightning Arrester
Global Lightning Arrester Market, by End-user
Global Lightning Arrester Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.