Global LiDAR Drones Market: Overview
The unmanned aerial vehicle that scans the atmosphere using a pulsed laser beam and reflection time of a signal from the object back to the source is known as LiDAR drone. LiDAR is the abbreviation of Light Detection and Ranging. Owing to the growing application of drones in various verticals of multiple businesses the global LiDAR drones market is experiencing a robust growth over the forecast period. Moreover, various technological advancements in the drones market along with the growing demand for aerial surveillance is further expected to fuel the growth of global LiDAR drones market. Nevertheless, growing expenditure on mapping various terrain of various countries is also expected to drive the growth of global LiDAR drones market in the forecast period of 2018 to 2026.
A latest report by Transparency Market Research encapsulates various facets of the global LiDAR drones market. It provides an in-depth analysis of the market by enlightening components such as key drivers, novel development, market opportunities, and roadblocks for the business of the global LiDAR drones market.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Global LiDAR Drones Market: Notable Developments
The competitive scenario of global LiDAR drones market is highly fragmented and is filled with various players. In order to maintain their dominance in the market, the players are adopting strategies such as mergers, collaborations, and partnerships. These strategies are aimed to acquire a competitive edge for the players over their rivals. Moreover, few players are also investing heavily on intensive research and development activities in order to provide the latest technology to the customer. This allows the players to expand their resource bank along with their brand presence in the forecast period.
- In August 2019, a new range of high-precision LiDAR sensors was launched by Sick AG. With the new sensors, the business has redefined the term quality in the market.
- In February 2019, a startup from Austria launched revolutionary HoverMap. The products uses LiDAR sensors in order to explore various maps and inspect the elevator shafts placed deep inside the ground. The products maps its surroundings by forming a 3D model on its way back to driver.
Some of the prominent players of global LiDAR drones market are Phoenix Aerial Systems, VelodyneLiDAR, Inc., Leica Geosystems AG, and others.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global LiDAR Drones Market: Key Growth Drivers
The global LiDAR market is essentially picking up from the rising interest for laser scanners. These scanners show high wavelength are utilized for clarifying 3D models for various surveys. In light of utilization, the corridor mapping fragment has developed prevailing in the market because of fast urbanization and expanding development of interstates, roadways, and railroads.
The corridor mapping application represented the biggest growth of the global LiDAR drones market. Corridor mapping is a significant advance during the building and development of roadways, railroads, and oil and gas pipelines, among other essential systems administration mechanical applications.
Despite witnessing positive growth opportunities worldwide, the lack of skilled pilots is hampering the global LiDAR market to an extent. Unlike pilots for conventional aircrafts, drone pilots are required to ensure reliability of the entire system, which includes ground station, vehicle, and communication equipment. While drones do not carry passengers or on-board pilots, any human error while operating a drone could still prove disastrous.
Global LiDAR Drones Market: Regional Analysis
Regionally, the Asia Pacific market has been exhibiting attractive prospects for vendors operating in the global LiDAR drone market. Increasing awareness of customers regarding the benefits offered by LiDAR drones such as low cost, high accuracy, and government support are key factors fuelling demand for LiDAR drones in Asia Pacific. The regional market is also benefitted by the increasing adoption of LiDAR drones in countries such as India, Japan, and China.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.