Global Licorice candy Market: Overview
Licorice is an ingredient derived from the roots of the plant Glycyrrhiza glabra. It is used as a flavoring agent in various confections and processed foods owing to the fact that it has a pleasant aroma, and is about 50 times sweeter than sucrose. Licorice candy is a chewy, elongated confection prepared from licorice, and is demanded both by adults and children. It is utilized in confections not just owing to its taste, but also to its medicinal properties, as it is a good expectorant and has a stabilizing effect on potassium levels in the body. Additionally, it has helpful properties for the gastrointestinal system and notable antimicrobial properties as well. Being an effective sucrose substitute, it has been recently popular owing to global calls for less sucrose consumption.
As awareness regarding this ingredient grows worldwide, its demand would witness and upward facing growth curve. As per Transparency Market Research between 2020 and 2030, numerous growth opportunities will emerge in the global licorice candy market, pulling the valuation up by notable value.
Global Licorice Candy Market: Competitive Landscape
Manufacturers globally are looking to cash into a consumer market that has developed a taste for tasty food products that additionally offer nutritional benefits. Since licorice fits the bill, many manufacturers are currently deploying a range of measure to tap into new regions and consumer bases. Some of the key manufacturers currently in the licorice candy market are:
- The Old Time Candy Company
- Gimbal's Fine Candy
- Kenny's Candy Company, Inc.
- Red Vines
- Kookaburra Liquorice
- Candy Crate Inc.
- American Licorice Company
- The Hershey Company
- Saint Louis, Missouri.
- Kenny's Candy Company, Inc.
- Darrell Lea
- RJ's Licorice Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Licorice Candy Market: Key Trends and Drivers
- The world is increasingly conscious of the bad effects of excess sucrose consumption. Weight gain, poor blood sugar control and heart disease are just a few of the many deleterious effects of this sweetening agent. Diabetes, a disease which is growing at a phenomenal rate globally, is attributed to these very factors. 10.4% of the world population will be diabetic by 2030. Hence, sucrose consumption is due to decline in the future. As licorice offers a plethora of health benefits and is significantly sweeter than sucrose, it is due to find increased acceptance by a populace that currently suffers from several chronic diseases.
- A hindrance to the licorice candy market could be the easy availability of extraction facilities for sucrose and other sweetening agents, which are more established than this confection. Nevertheless, as licorice extraction from its natural sources picks up, the licorice candy market would increase substantially over the coming years.
Global Licorice Candy Market: Regional Analysis
North America and Europe lead the global licorice candy market in terms of revenue share. Revenue in the confectionary industry amounts to USD 277 million globally, with most of the revenue of the same sourced out of the United States itself which has a per person revenue of around USD 871, annually. With such high consumption of confectionary items in both regions and a trend towards healthy eatables, the licorice candy market should find a steady growth in these regions in the future.
The Asia Pacific region (APAC) is showing an increased interest in processed food and confectionary items. Though the licorice candy market is not well developed in these regions currently, demand for this and similar confections should rise owing to an increased acceptance for western food items.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in global licorice market, ask for a customized report here
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.