Leucovorin Calcium Market: Introduction
- Leucovorin calcium is an active metabolite of folic acid. Leucovorin calcium aids in providing a counteract effect on the toxic medications, thereby protecting the patient while enabling the antitumor activity of the folate antagonist.
- Leucovorin calcium also elevates the effect of fluorouracil as well as its derivatives by stabilizing the binding of the drug metabolites to a target enzyme. This aids in prolonging the drug activity.
- Leucovorin calcium can enhance the effect of chemotherapy drugs and works as a chemo-protectant. Leucovorin calcium in combination with fluorouracil is used to treat various cancers such as colon, esophageal, and head & neck.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Leucovorin Calcium Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer increases the need of leucovorin calcium, as it is an effective drug used during chemotherapy
- In 2020, around 19.3 million new cancer cases were recorded globally. This is projected to drive the demand for cancer treatment, which in turn is anticipated to increase the need of leucovorin calcium.
- Rise in prevalence of cancer in most of the developed and developing countries boosts the growth of the global leucovorin calcium market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Leucovorin Calcium Market
- The global leucovorin calcium market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global leucovorin calcium market during the forecast period due to increase in number of cancer patients who are aware of leucovorin calcium. According to a report, around 1,806,590 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. in 2020. This increased the demand for cancer treatment drugs. Favorable health care policies, government initiatives toward implementing cancer treatment coverage, and improving reimbursement scenario are likely to propel the leucovorin calcium market in North America.
- Europe is the second largest market for leucovorin calcium due to improved health care practices for treatment of cancer and favorable health care policies. Favorable reimbursement policies in developed countries such as Germany and the U.K., established regulatory framework, and focus on patient safety and treatment efficiency standards are likely to fuel the growth of the leucovorin calcium market in the region.
- The leucovorin calcium market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to improving health care infrastructure and increase in awareness about cancer treatment options
Key Players Operating in Global Leucovorin Calcium Market
The global leucovorin calcium market is projected to witness strong growth due to increasing number of companies investing in manufacturing of leucovorin calcium.
Major players operating in the global leucovorin calcium market are:
- Fresenius Kabi
- Get Well Pharmaceutical
- RMPL Pharma
- BluePoint Laboratories
- Other prominent players
Global Leucovorin Calcium Market: Research Scope
Global Leucovorin Calcium Market, by Dosage Type
Global Leucovorin Calcium Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Leucovorin Calcium Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa