Leisure boat engines are internal combustion engines used to power leisure boats (also known as pleasure crafts) such as power boats and yachts. The engine is a primary system for any self-propelled boat. Leisure boat engines may be powered by gasoline, diesel, or other alternative fuels. Each type of fuel offers a specific advantage over another, depending upon the applications and boat type. Leisure boats are widely popular for family outings, personal use, fishing, and recreational sports. These boats are usually used in and around lakes, bay areas, local rivers, and other water bodies.
Advancement in technology, rise in public spending, increase in disposable income, growth in economies, and expansion in the tourism industry are expected to propel the demand for leisure boats, thus directly creating substantial opportunities for leisure and recreational boat engine manufacturers. Furthermore, the rise in usage of leisure boats for offshore fishing activities, family outings, and adventure boating is anticipated to boost the demand for leisure boat engines. However, implementation of stringent regulations on emissions and pollutants, which emanate from these engines, is hampering the market. Furthermore, safety is another key factor that influences the market dynamics. Fuel storage and handling on board is also of major concern. Thus, renewable alternatives such as hybrids are in the development phase.
Based on the boat type, the leisure boat engine market can be segmented into powerboats, power yachts, sailboats, and other motorized leisure boats. The powerboats segments is anticipated to account for substantial share, especially in coastal regions of the U.S. and Europe. In terms of fuel type, the market can be divided into gasoline, diesel, and other fuels. The gasoline variant is largely used is smaller sized boats, while diesel is preferred in larger boats. Based on the position of engine, the leisure boat engine market can be bifurcated into inboard engine and outboard engine. Outboard engine is widely used as it is easy to steer. It can also be completely lifted out of water when not in use. Based on the engine power output, the leisure boat engine market can be classified into up to 30 HP, 30 to 60 HP, 60 to 150 HP, and 150 HP & above. In terms of volume i.e. number of units, the up to 30 HP segment is anticipated to hold substantial market share; however, in terms of revenue, the other segments are anticipated to offer better growth opportunities in the global market.
In terms of geography, the global leisure boat engine market can be classified into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are the major markets for leisure boat engine, led by the presence of key leisure boat manufacturers such as Bayliner, Brunswick Boat Group, and Everglades Boats. Asia Pacific is also a prominent region of the leisure boat engine market owing to the rise in disposal income and spending, which has led to the production of new leisure boats in the region. Demand for leisure boats in tourist destinations of the world such as Dubai, Thailand, Australia, and South Africa is anticipated to increase significantly in the near future.
Major players operating in the global leisure boat engine market include Brunswick Corporation, Yanmar, Volvo Penta, PCM Engines, Cummins, Barrus, and Caterpillar. These companies hold significant share of the leisure boat engine market. Thus, the leisure boat engine market is highly consolidated and experiences intense competition.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?