LED secondary optics are mainly those optics that does exist outside of LED package, like fresnel lenses, reflector cavities, and the pillow lenses. LED secondary optic is actually being used for the purpose of creating the preferred appearance and the light beam pattern of the LED signal lamp. The demand of the LED secondary optic is likely to be driven by the higher adoption of the smart and wireless LED in residential and commercial sector.
Increasing demand of large diameter wafers and migration towards the sapphire substrate is one of the major growth driver for the LED secondary optic market. In addition, the growing emergence of street lighting in smart cities is also the key factor anticipated to catalyse the growing demand of different LED secondary optics during the forecast period. In addition to that rapidly falling cost of the LED lighting and improved efficiency of the LED is also anticipated to increase the demand of LED secondary optics in the upcoming years. This is also projected to affect the market of LED secondary optics in a positive manner during the forecast period.
In spite of many driving factors, the LED secondary optic market is anticipated to show a shrink and fluctuation in growth rate because of continuously declining price of LED. Multi shadow phenomenon during lighting and scattered surrounding light towards the edges of surface are restraining factors for the LED secondary optics. The growing demand for LED secondary optics is going to create a significant opportunity in the optic market due to factors like higher luminous efficiency, smaller size, low heat radiation and long life time during the forecast period.
The LED secondary optic market has been segmented on the basis of type, applications and geography. Based on the types, the market has been segmented mainly into two types such as LED secondary lens and reflector. By applications, LED secondary optic market is segmented into indoor lighting, street lighting, architectural lighting, commercial lighting, automotive lighting and others. In all the applications, the indoor lighting held the largest market share because of its features like wireless connectivity and getting controlled through phones or desktops. However, commercial lighting and street lighting is projected to achieve exponential growth during the forecast period. Gesture controlled operations and accurate LED dimming control is likely to make secondary LED optic is the most favoured choice among various end user applications.
Geographically, the global LED secondary optic market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America. Further, the global LED secondary optic market is mainly driven by the Asia Pacific region. Continuously growing spending in smart indoor and outdoor lighting in countries like China, Japan among the others is driving the market in Asia Pacific region. Rapidly growing demand of modular lighting for the LED luminaries is predicted to fasten the demand of secondary LED optics, thereby expected to drive the LED secondary optic market rapidly. This region is expected to maintain the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period. Although, in terms of market share North America will remain on top because of presence of higher number of LED manufacturers which includes manufactures of traditional and smart lighting.
Some of the leading players operating in the LED secondary optic market includes Ledlink Optics, Auer Lighting, Carclo Optics, FRAEN Corporation, LEDIL Oy, Bicom Optics, GAGGIONE,Aether systems Inc Osram, Darkoo Optics,Philips Lighting, Cree Inc., Nanoleaf, Panasonic, GE Lighting , Ilumi and Samsung among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.