Leaf Blower – Introduction
- A leaf blower is a staple outdoor equipment for the summer and fall season across the globe. These equipment are designed to blow off the shed leaves found in decks, patios, lawns, and parks.
- Rising prevalence of landscape modelling trends, particularly in developing nations has augmented the demand for leaf blowers globally
- Leaf blowers were first introduced in the 1970s, and are now available in various configurations, which includes electric powered or gas powered
- A wide array of blowers are available in the market ranging from US$ 30 to US$ 800 or more. The price of the leaf blowers depends on the MPH (Miles per Hour) and CFM (Cubic Feet per Meter).
- The weight of the leaf blower is also a critical factor influencing the buying decision of consumers. Generally, leaf blowers range from 8lbs to 95lbs.
Rising Demand for Electric Leaf Blowers to Drive Demand in the Global Market
- Electrically powered leaf blowers have been significantly driving the global leaf blowers market. Demand for electric leaf blowers is attributed to its ability to facilitate more efficient work compared to gas leaf blowers.
- In addition, the advent of electric leaf blower vacuums is also likely to contribute to the growth of the overall market
- Furthermore, electric leaf blowers are relatively light and cost less than gas leaf blowers. These leaf blowers cause less noise pollution, making it more adaptable in the society.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Hazardous Threats of Leaf Blowers Might Challenge the Market
- Leaf blowers, particularly the gasoline powered ones are known to generate much noise, registered at 90 – 112 decibels, whereas anything over 75 decibels is considered to cause damage to the ears
- In addition, one has to be extremely careful while using these machines and take necessary precaution such as using goggles, gloves, etc.
- Every year, several injuries from leaf blowers are reported. Moreover, higher use of leaf blowers also contributes to air pollution as the leaf blower when in operation not only moves the leavers but also generates various small debris and hazardous particles such as metals and pesticides.
- Such impacts of leaf blowers have resulted in its rejection across several regions. This can adversely impact the global leaf blower market during the forecast period.
Technological Advancements Anticipated to Create Demand Opportunities
- In April 2019, Elon Musk addressed the issue of noise in leaf blowers by introducing an electric leaf blower that operates on battery and emits minimal noise.
- Although several electric leaf blowers are available in the market, battery powered electric leaf blowers are projected to gain superior growth momentum during the forecast period
- This category of leaf blowers is anticipated to generate opportunity in the homeowner/handyman consumer category who are ready to pay a little extra for enhanced quality
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Leaf Blower Market
- In terms of geography, the global leaf blower market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the leaf blower market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The leaf blower market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global leaf blower market in 2018, attributed to the widespread trend of having well maintained home lawns and gardens to enhance the property value. In addition, rising population of baby boomers in North America as well as Europe is driving the leaf blower market in the respective regions.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Europe and South America during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Leaf Blowers Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Leaf Blower Market
The global leaf blower market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global leaf blower market are:
- Kobalt Tools
- Greenworks Tools
- ECHO Incorporated
- Troy-Bilt LLC
- Henton & Chattell Ltd.
- Ryobi Limited
- STIHL Inc.
Global Leaf Blower Market: Research Scope
Global Leaf Blower Market, by Type
- Walk behind
Global Leaf Blower Market, by Engine Type
Global Leaf Blower Market, by Style
Global Leaf Blower Market, by Power Source
Global Leaf Blower Market, by Application
Global Leaf Blower Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.