COVID-19 impact on Lauroyl Chloride Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak has affected numerous countries across the globe. Several precautionary steps taken, such as lockdowns, to counter the spread of the disease have led to a decrease in trade and closure of numerous factories and other professional activities. These measures carry wide-ranging adverse effects such as supply chain disturbance.
- Major application of lauroyl chloride is in non-essential products industries such as cosmetics and personal care. For a major part of the COVID-19, these industries were closed for operations. This affected the demand for lauroyl chloride. Demand from agrochemical and pharmaceutical industries was constant, as these industries are deemed ‘essential.’ Thus, the adverse effect on the lauroyl chloride market was limited.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for lauroyl chloride. Industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Lauroyl Chloride Market
- Lauroyl chloride has major applications in pharmaceutical and cosmetic & personal care industries. There is an increase in awareness about health and personal care due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pharmaceutical market is expanding. This is expected to drive the lauroyl chloride market.
- Other applications of lauroyl chloride include agrochemicals. The agrochemicals market is expanding at a rapid pace. Rise in focus on increasing productivity is boosting the demand for agrochemicals. Rise in usage of pesticides is likely to augment the global lauroyl chloride market in the near future.
Restraints of Lauroyl Chloride Market
- Rise in demand for natural and organic products is expected to hamper the lauroyl chloride market. Increase in preference for natural products in the cosmetic industry as well as organic products in the agricultural industry due to the rise in awareness about these products across the globe is expected to hamper the demand for lauroyl chloride in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Lauroyl Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global lauroyl chloride market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to offer significant opportunities for the lauroyl chloride market, as two of its major end-use sectors, pharmaceutical and cosmetics & personal care, are growing at a fast pace in the region. Pharmaceutical industry has large presence in China and India, along with cosmetic and personal care industry. As a result, demand for lauroyl chloride is expected to be high in these countries during forecast period.
- North America is also a key consumer of lauroyl chloride. The agrochemical industry in the region is expanding due to increase in usage of pesticides. This can positively affect the lauroyl chloride market.
Competitive Landscape of Global Lauroyl Chloride Market
The global lauroyl chloride is highly fragmented. Several small and medium players are offering lauroyl chloride products from different regions. Some of the key market players are given below:
- Lianfeng Chemicals
- Triveni Chemicals
- Huzhou Salon Chemicals
- Pingyuan Xinda Chemicals
- Lanzhou Auxiliary Agent
Global Lauroyl Chloride Market: Research Scope
Global Lauroyl Chloride Market, by Product Type
- Pharma Grade
- Industrial Grade
Global Lauroyl Chloride Market, by Application
- Cosmetics & Personal care
Global Lauroyl Chloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Lauroyl Chloride Market Introduction
- Lauroyl chloride, also known as n-dodecanoyl chloride, is an organic compound that is an acid chloride of lauric acid. It is a surface-active agent and also acts as surfactant. It is used in many industries such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics & personal care, agrochemicals, and chemicals.
- Lauroyl chloride is used as surfactant in the pharma industry. It is also used as primary foaming agent in personal care products. Due to its hydrophilic nature, it is widely used in pesticides and has application as a surface active agent in the chemical industry.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.