Last-mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market: Introduction
- A last-mile logistics delivery solution is an ideal solution that provides automated delivery route planning and route optimization, realtime resource allocation, and realtime tracking information. Rising expectation for fast delivery of packages from consumers and adoption of autonomous vehicles (air or ground) technology for product delivery has boosted the global last-mile digital logistics solutions market.
Last-mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market: Dynamics
Increasing adoption of autonomous delivery vehicles for delivery operations drive market
- Increasing expectations for rapid delivery among consumers is a major factor for increased delivery efficiency and reduced delivery time, which has fueled the adoption of advance delivery drones. Majority e-commerce and retail companies are employing advanced light-weighted delivery drones that help them increase their service portfolio. For instance, in 2015, Alibaba, a China based e-commerce company, developed a drone to deliver tea to consumers in China. Furthermore, rising adoption of drones to deliver medical products or services in the healthcare industry fuels the demand for last-mile logistics delivery solutions. For instance, Flirtey, a Navada based drone delivery company has entered into a partnership with REMSA Health to provide emergency health services in Nevada, U.S. The companies decided to dispatch a drone that delivers a portable defibrillator at the required place.
North America to hold major share of global last-mile logistics digital solutions market
- Based on region, the last-mile logistics digital solutions market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant position in the global last-mile logistics digital solutions market in 2018, followed by Europe. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the last-mile logistics digital solutions market in the region. Increasing expectation for rapid delivery among consumers and rising popularity of omnichannel retailing are key factors propelling the market in North America.
- The last-mile logistics digital solutions market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are key countries which drive the last-mile logistics digital solutions market in the region.
- Increasing number of small & mid-size enterprises and e-commerce companies in countries across Asia Pacific have adopted last-mile logistics digital solutions owing to increase their product offerings and rising demand for reduction of delivery time.
Cloud-based sector is expected to hold the dominating position in market in 2027.
- Based on deployment, the last-mile logistics digital solutions market can be bifurcated into on-premise and cloud-based. The cloud/SaaS-based segment is expected to hold a dominant position of the market by the end of 2019 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Demand for realtime insights and cost-effective platform is a key factor driving the demand for cloud-based solutions in the market.
- Moreover, based on component, the market can be split into solutions and services. The solutions segment is projected to account for a notable share of the market by the end of 2019. The segment is estiamted to further expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing adoption of aerial delivery drones by various delivery companies, for rapid delivery, has propeled the demand for last-mile logistics digital solutions.
Key players operating in the global last-mile logistics digital solutions market
- Key players in the global last-mile logistics digital solutions market are listed below:
- LogiNext Solutions
- URBANTZ S.A
- CubeXie Software
- Kiva Logic
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Figure: Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by competative landscape
Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market: research scope
Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by Component
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Figure: Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by component
Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by Deployment Type
- Cloud Based
Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Last-Mile Logistics Digital Solutions Market, by region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.