Laser scanner is a device which releases a controlled deflection of laser beam and can be used for various purposes including scanning. Laser scanning is a technology in which a combination of controlled steering of laser beams and distance measurements is involved. Laser scanners can capture and measure the geometry of objects and the environment by using laser. They are applied in various industries for inspection and quality control and virtual simulation, among others. Laser scanners are more specifically referred to as 3-D laser scanners.
A laser scanner works by sending a beam of laser over the field of view which is reflected back to the scanner upon hitting a reflective surface. It also records the position of the captured object by using the polar coordinates consisting of the horizontal angle, the vertical angle, and the measured distance relative to the laser scanner’s position. All these individual scans are later integrated using common references. The resulting point cloud made up of the individual project scans is available for viewing and manipulation. In order to capture data pertaining to a particular object, multiple scans are required to be taken from different vantage points to ensure a complete set of data.A controlled network needs to be established to join multiple scans together. This can be done by using the targets in the scan known as survey points or by allowing enough overlap in the scans to register on the basis of common features. Once the data is captured, it can be cleaned of noise or any unwanted points in order to gain the accuracy required in the project. The data is then loaded into modeling software which further converts it into a meshed or surface 3-D model.
The high level of quality and inspection standards across various industries is the primary driver of the laser scanner market. The deployment of laser scanners across various industries and growth in the 3-D printing market are the other key factors expected to propel the laser scanner market. The key advantage of a laser scanner is the facilitation of measuring of soft or fragile parts and detection of many points within a short span of time. Laser scanning also helps OEMs to bring down the cost as non-contact laser scanning has fewer restrictions and are relatively inexpensive. These factors are expected to positively influence the laser scanner market. However, the high cost associated with laser scanners is anticipated to restrain the growth of the market. Nonetheless, increase in demand from an increasing number of manufacturing plants provides ample growth opportunities to the laser scanner market.
The laser scanning market has been segmented on the basis of range, end-user, application, and geography. Based on range, the market can be been divided into short range, medium range, and long range. By end-user, the laser scanning market can be segregated into automotive, healthcare, aerospace & defense, architecture & construction, energy & power, tunnel & mining, artifacts & heritage preservation department, and others. Depending on application, the market can be classified into quality control and inspection, reverse engineering, virtual simulation, and others. As per geography, the laser scanning market can be segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Some of the major players in the laser scanning market include FARO Technologies Inc., Hexagon AB, Creaform, Perceptron, Inc., Nikon Metrology NV, Trimble Inc.,
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.