Laser Probes: Introduction
- Laser probe is a high quality, high performance tool used for a variety of therapeutic purposes in hospitals and medical practices
- Laser probes are available in two versions - fully disposable, and a combination of reusable and disposable components
- Large number of manufacturers produce laser probes with a fiber buffer material that provides additional strength and protects the fiber better; it is more reliable compared to other materials
- Multiple manufacturers are focusing on developing moving-tube design in directional laser probes that provides precision and maneuverability due to its unique fiber actuation
- Laser probes can be categorized as pulsed laser probe and continuous wave laser probe for use in hospitals & clinics, research, metallurgy, and geology fields
- Laser probes are used in various applications such as ophthalmology, dermatology, rheumatology, orthopedics, and dentistry
Rise in Demand for Laser Probes for Use in Medical Fields
- Laser probes are largely used in the medical field to perform various therapeutic operations accurately and precisely
- Laser probes offer reliable control and are easy to handle for treatment. Additionally, the use of laser probes help in maximizing surgical efficiency with high precision.
- Laser probes play a vital role in eye surgery, owing to its capability of providing full coverage of the peripheral retina without removing the probe from the eye. Furthermore, it can be used in various surgeries based on the design of the laser probe.
- Moreover, manufacturers of laser probes are continually engaged in development of technologically advanced laser probes for use in medical and research fields. Thus, increasing focus on developing laser probes in the medical field is expected to bolster the growth of the market.
- Demand for laser probes for hospitals and clinic use is growing as a result of these factors, which is expected to drive the global laser probes market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Laser Probes Market
- In terms of region, the global laser probes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global laser probes market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of laser probes operate in the region
- Additionally, due to the growing opportunity, many well-established players from North America are focusing on technology advancement in semiconductor products, which is expected to boost the laser probes market in the region during the forecast period.
- The laser probes market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Laser Probes Market
The global laser probes market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for laser probes. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global laser probes market are:
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- IRIDEX Corporation
- Labtician Ophthalmics, Inc.
- Omega Laser Systems Limited
- OphthalMed LLC
- Quantel Medical
- Reimers and Janssen GmbH
- Transonic Systems Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Laser Probes Market, Request for a Sample
Global Laser Probes Market: Research Scope
Global Laser Probes Market, by Product Type
- Pulsed Laser Probe
- Continuous Wave Laser Probe
Global Laser Probes Market, by Probe Type
- Single Laser Probe
- Cluster Laser Probe
Global Laser Probes Market, by Application
Global Laser Probes Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
Global Laser Probes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.