Laryngoscopy is the medical examination of the larynx, a part of the throat. It gives a view of the vocal folds and glottis. There are two types of laryngoscopy: direct laryngoscopy and indirect laryngoscopy. Direct laryngoscopy is performed by insertion of the laryngoscope at the back of the throat which helps to examine the throat and collect the sample for biopsy. Indirect laryngoscopy involves visualization of vocal cords, upper tracheal rings, larynx, and vocal cords. A laryngoscope helps to insert tubes such as endotracheal tube, gastric tube, or TOE probe. It is comprised of components such as base of blade, hook of blade, curved or straight blade, flange tip, handle tip containing electrical connection, a connection for hook, green line, and handle containing batteries. The laryngoscope can be inserted through the intraoral or intranasal route.
Laryngoscope helps to detect voice problems, throat & ear pain, and obstructive masses in the airway. Rising demand for noninvasive surgeries, growing awareness among healthcare professionals about advantages of video laryngoscopes, and increasing geriatric population globally are driving the global laryngoscopes market. However, soft tissue injury caused by laryngoscope, chipping of teeth, and laryngospasm are factors restraining market growth.
The global laryngoscopes market can be segmented based on product type, end user, and region. Based on product type, the market can be segmented into standard laryngoscopes, fiberoptic laryngoscopes, and video laryngoscope. Standard laryngoscope is also referred to as conventional laryngoscope. The only difference between standard and fiberoptic laryngoscope is the position of the light bulb. In standard laryngoscope, the light bulb is located in the blade whereas in fiberoptic laryngoscope the bulb is positioned within the handle which transmits the light via an optic bundle. The fiberoptic laryngoscopes market is further divided into flexible fiberoptic laryngoscope and rigid fiberoptic laryngoscope. Based on the route of insertion, the flexible laryngoscopes market is further classified into fiberoptic bronchoscope and fiberoptic rhinoscope. Repeated failure in getting the exact view of the larynx created the need for the development of video laryngoscopes. The market for video laryngoscope is classified into integrated channel laryngoscopes, video stylets, and rigid blade laryngoscopes. Rigid video laryngoscopes are dominating the market. Integrated channel laryngoscopes are of two types: airway and blade laryngoscopes. The rigid blade laryngoscopes are segmented into standard blade and angled blade laryngoscopes. Advancements in technologies has given birth to robot- assisted video laryngoscopy. Demand for robot-assisted video laryngoscopes is expected to grow during the forecast period. Based on end user, the global laryngoscopes market can be classified into diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, and ENT clinics. Among these, ENT clinics and hospitals are expected to contribute highest share in the market. The current market trend is the development of disposable blade laryngoscopes to avoid cross contamination issues.
On a regional basis, the global laryngoscopes market is segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Among these, North America is leading with significant share in the global laryngoscope market. This is attributed to rising geriatric population with ENT disorders, presence of well-established healthcare organizations, and government initiatives for the use of video laryngoscopes in surgeries. Europe is the second largest contributor to the global laryngoscope market due to rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries in this region. The market in Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period due to continuously expanding economies, rising healthcare awareness, and growing healthcare expenditure in these regions.
Key players operating in the global laryngoscopes market are KARL STORZ GmbH & Co., Flexicare Medical, NOVAMED USA, Penlon Limited, Ambu A/S, Rudolf Riester GmbH, Medtronic plc., Clarus Medical LLC, BOMImed, Propper Manufacturing Co. Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, Verathon Inc., Medtronic, and Venner Medical (Germany) GmbH among other significant players worldwide.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.