Global Larvicides Market Outlook
According to WHO, approximately 40% of the population mostly those living in the world’s poorest countries face the risk of suffering from some of the dreadful diseases like malaria. Every year more than 500 million people fall prey to malaria and dengue diseases. Most cases and deaths are in sub-Saharan Africa regions. Environmental, socio-economic, and climatic factors (temperature, humidity and rainfall) affect disease infection and influence transmission patterns of these diseases. Government and several concerned organization have been taking preventive measures to control malaria diseases. Larvicides is one critical solution to these kind of problems. Larvicides prevents larvae from developing into adult mosquitoes. Larvicides can either be contact poisons, stomach poisons, growth regulators or biological control agents.
Global Larvicides Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Dengue and malaria are vector-borne diseases and is being considered as the major public health causing problems worldwide. Both diseases poses a major threat in many tropical countries causing infections in more than 100 million people each year. Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa and several parts of Europe are the regions affected by malaria and dengue. Hence there tenacity in concerns over controlling the rise in number of cases of these kind of diseases. Owing to this factor, several major chemical solution manufacturers and concerned international organizations have been taking steps and coming up with products such as Larvicides which plays an important role in controlling the production of larvaes.
Global Larvicides: Market Segmentation
On the basis of control method, the global Larvicides market has been segmented as –
- Biocontrol Agents
- Chemical Agents
- Insect Growth Regulator
On the basis of insects targeted, the global Larvicides market has been segmented as –
- Larvicides for Mosquitoes
- Larvicides for Flies
On the basis of the end use, the global Larvicides market has been segmented as –
- Public Health
Countries with malaria transmission and phase control programs
Global Larvicides Market: Key Takeaway
Asia Pacific and MEA is being considered as the dominant region for global larvicide market due to rise in number of malaria and dengue cases among its population.
Global Larvicides Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Larvicides market are Sumitomo Chemical, Nufarm, Certis, Summit Chemical, Syngenta, Adama, Eli Lily and Company, Russell IPM, Central Garden & Pet Co., BASF, Bayer among others
Key Trends: Global Larvicides Market
Major shareholding companies for Larvicides have been strategizing on coming up with innovative products catering to the varying needs and
Global Larvicides Market: Key Developments
- In the year 2015, Sumitomo Chemical, developed SumiLarv® 2 MR, a novel, long-lasting larvicide formulation that is effective in preventing dengue fever..
- In the year 2014, Syngenta, initiated the second phase expansion of its Innovation Center in Triangle Park. The $94 million expansion will include 200,000 square feet of specially designed laboratories, office areas and meeting spaces connected to the Advanced Crop Lab.
- In the year 2017, Russell IPM launched Optiroll Super plus, in the USA market during the Biocontrol East exhibition.
Opportunities for Larvicides Market Participants
Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa and several parts of Europe are major malaria prone regions. Owing to the rising concerns over figuring out on reducing the number of malaria and dengue cases paves a critical opportunity for Larvicides market in these target regions.
Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Larvicides market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Larvicides market and its potential
- Larvicidess Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Larvicides market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Larvicides market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Larvicides market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.