L-Arabinose Market: Overview
- Arabinose is an aldopentose, a monosaccharide containing five carbon atoms and including an aldehyde (CHO) functional group. Most saccharides are almost always in abundance in nature as the ‘D’-form or structurally analogous to D-glyceraldehyde.
- L-Arabinose is a naturally occurring isomer and is an essential part of plant polysaccharides. Significant numbers of bacteria consist of an inducible arabinose operon that codes for a series of enzymes and transporters. This allows L-arabinose to be used as a sole carbon source in microbial cultures.
- L-Arabinose is more common than D-arabinose in nature. It is found as a part of biopolymers, such as hemicellulose and pectin, in nature. The L-arabinose operon, sometimes referred to as the araBAD operon, is undergoing biomolecular research.
- L-Arabinose is significantly used as a substrate to identify, differentiate, and characterize pentose sugar isomerase. L-Arabinose is also used in the bio-production of L-ribose.
- L-Arabinose is largely used in applications including food & beverages and pharmaceuticals
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global L-Arabinose Market
- At present, eating habits of people are much uncertain and unhealthy, due to increasing consumption of fast food and food with artificially added ingredients. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 40 million children aged five years or below across the world were overweight or obese in 2018. Sugar is considered one of the key factors causing obesity. L-arabinose is a kind of natural sweetener extracted from corn cob, which can be used as a substitute for sugar in food and beverages. Increasing use of L-arabinose led by its health benefits is expected to drive the global L-arabinose market during the forecast period.
- When used as a part of diet, L-arabinose offers benefits such as reduction in chances of development of heart diseases, lowering of the blood cholesterol level, management of body weight and composition, and prevention of Type 2 diabetes. According to the International Diabetes Federation, approximately 463 million adults (aged 20–79 years) were living with diabetes in 2019 and the number is expected to rise to 700 million by 2045. Rising demand for L-arabinose from the pharmaceutical sector is expected to drive the global L-arabinose market during the forecast period.
Global L-Arabinose Market, by Application
- Based on application, the global L-arabinose market can be segmented into food & beverages, pharmaceutical, and others
- L-Arabinose is a non-calorie natural compound, which acts as a sweetener and which is added as a substitute for sugar in food and beverages. Addition of L-arabinose in diet is beneficial to prevent obesity. Increasing demand from the food & beverages industry, led by benefits of L-arabinose, is expected to have a positive impact on the global L-arabinose market in the near future.
- In the management of blood glucose and insulin levels related to sucrose intake, L-arabinose plays an important role, thereby helping a diabetic person to lead a healthy life. This has led to high demand for L-arabinose in the pharmaceutical sector and the demand is expected to increase significantly during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Region for L-Arabinose Market
- In terms of region, the global L-arabinose market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is expected to account for a significant share of the global market during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. Growth of the food & beverages industry, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the L-arabinose market in these regions from 2019 to 2027.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, owing to growth of the pharmaceutical industry in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global L-Arabinose Market
The global L-arabinose market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Nuara Biotech
- Thomson Biotech
- Xieli Bio-technology
- MAK Wood
- Huakang Pharmaceutical
- Lujian Biological
- Longlive Bio-technology
Global L-Arabinose Market: Research Scope
Global L-Arabinose Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
Global L-Arabinose Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.