Lapping & Polishing Films Market: Introduction
- Lapping and polishing is a process of removing materials precisely from a work piece to produce desired shape, surface finish, and dimension. Lapping & polishing films are applied on a wide range of hard-to-grind materials such as ceramics, carbide, exotic alloys, hardened metals, semiconductors, and composites.
- They are extensively used to polish optical fiber connectors in the electronics industry. These films are polyester based ultra-thin sheets that provide fine finish to electronic components, such as optical fiber connectors, in order to ensure signal transmission. They are also employed in cable assembly production.
- Lapping and polishing films are highly durable and offer fine finishes. They also provide higher cut rate. They are beneficial due to their precision and high accuracy for removing materials. Lapping and polishing films are 50% faster and are available in 0.01-45 μm grades.
- Major raw materials used in the manufacture of lapping and polishing films include polyester, polyamide, polyvinyl chloride, and polyethylene
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Lapping & Polishing Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Lapping & Polishing Films Market
- Rise in demand for lapping and polishing films in various applications such as medical devices, optical connector, precision instruments, micro motors, hard disc drives, and glass cleaning is anticipated to drive the lapping & polishing films market during the forecast period
- Lapping and polishing films help in removing chatter and traverse marks. This further helps to reduce reworks and can save downtime on multiple grade sequence. Additionally, these films produces high cut rate and fine finishes, making products highly durable. These factors are expected to boost the market significantly during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for aluminum oxide and polyester-based lapping & polishing films that offer reliable finish on hard surfaces, flexibility, and steady hold on the film substrate is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Diamond Films to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Diamond is one of the hardest materials and has a sharp, angular structure. It is useful in lapping and polishing due to its high removal rates and surface finishing properties. Therefore, increase in focus on diamond films is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the lapping & polishing films market.
Highly Time Consuming and Slow Process Likely to Restrain Market
- Conventional lapping & polishing film producing methods such as slurries and honing stones or bonded wheels based are slow and time consuming process which require long run cycle to provide safe target layer films to the end product. This is estimated to may restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in focus on film-backed abrasive technology that offers consistency and predictable finish tolerances in short run cycle is projected to boost the market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Leading Share of Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market
In terms of region, the global lapping & polishing films market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of lapping and polishing films. It is expected to hold major share of the global lapping & polishing films market in 2018. China, Japan, and South Korea are the leading consumer of lapping and polishing films in the region due to the rise in application in the electrical & electronics industry.
- The market in India and countries in ASEAN such as Thailand and Vietnam is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in FDI investment in the electrical & electronics industry in India and rise in production capacity for electronic products in ASEAN are estimated to propel the demand for lapping and polishing films in the Asia Pacific region.
- The U.S. is the leading consumer of lapping and polishing films in North America. Rise in demand for precision finish for polishing rigid memory disks, fiber optic connectors, and texturing thin film disks is likely to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Demand for lapping and polishing films is likely to rise in Germany, France, and the U.K. in the near future. Growth in the automotive industry and increase in import of electronic items are anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are highly dependent on product import from China and the U.S. Improvement in economic conditions and production capacity expansion by key players are anticipated to boost the demand for lapping and polishing films in these regions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Lapping & Polishing Films Market here
Key Players in Market
Research & development and capacity expansion are key strategies adopted by top players operating in the market.
Key players operating in the global lapping & polishing films market include:
- 3M Company
- Henan Union Abrasives Corp.
- Haining Fusen Tape Co., Ltd.
- Nantong Huaao Plastic Co., Ltd.
- Futamura Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Lee Valley Tools
- Precision Fiber Products, Inc.
- Fiber Instruments Sales Inc.
- Kemet International Ltd
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
- Precision Polishing, Inc. (PPI)
- Beijing Grish Hitech Co., Ltd.
- KOVAX CORPRATION
- SANSHIN CO., LTD.
- NORITAKE CO.,LIMITED
- SEIKOH GIKEN Co., Ltd.
Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market: Research Scope
Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market, by Type
- Stretch Film
- Metallized Film
- Adhesive Film
- Shrink Film
Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market, by Raw Material
- Poly Vinyl Chloride
Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market, by Film Type
- Diamond Film
- Aluminum Oxide Film
- Silicon Carbide Film
- Coated Flock Pile Film
Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Lapping & Polishing Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.