LAN Cable: Introduction
- A local area network (LAN) cable is a hardware device that connects peripheral devices such as laptops and computers with routers, modems, and switches.
- LAN cables are used to transfer data from one device to another in the local area network. Ethernet is the most common computer network technology used for local area networks (LAN) and is standardized as IEEE 802.3.
- The various types of LAN cable available in the market includes CAT 6 cable, CAT 6A cable, CAT 7 cable, CAT 5E cable, CAT 5 cable, and others, and these are used in commercial, residential, and industrial applications.
- LAN cables offer benefits such as high speed, lower latency, and guaranteed bandwidth.
Rise in Demand for Commercial Applications
- The commercial segment is the fastest growing segment of the global LAN cable market.
- The rising count of IT & other offices, buildings, malls, and healthcare and retail sector i.e. digitalization of commercial buildings across the world that uses LAN cables to transfer data and control machinery is projected to propel the commercial segment to expand faster during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, LAN cables are widely used in different commercial sites to transmit data seamlessly with LAN environments due to enhanced reliability in terms of connection, as compared to traditional networking techniques.
- In November 2019, Belden Inc. launched Q4 product line extensions to improve connectivity solutions and cable to speed up installation and reduce the cost. This design is ideal for quick installations which helps the company to expand its product portfolio.
- In April 2019, the global leader in LAN cable manufacturing, Hitachi Ltd., launched Drybit category 6A indoor/outdoor plenum-rated cables. This cable is specially designed for wet places and plenum spaces and also supports10 gigabit Ethernet.
- High installation costs, 5G in combination with private LTE, and the increasing demand for wireless products are some restraints of the LAN cable market. However, the latest research & development in LAN cables, increasing infrastructure, and construction projects are creating an opportunity for key market players.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the LAN Cable Market
- In terms of region, the global LAN cable market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the LAN cable market during the forecast period due to increasing demand from countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, and India.
- Adoption of new technology, rise in digital developments in commercial, residential, and industrial sectors of the region, increasing number of data centers, and rise in demand for high-speed data transfer in the APAC region is expected to propel the growth of the LAN cable market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- North America holds the second largest share of the LAN cable market due to the technically advanced infrastructure and setting up of new data centers in the region.
- The LAN cable market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in the Global LAN Cable Market
The global LAN cable market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for LAN cables. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global LAN cable market include:
- Black Box Corporation
- OTSCable.com Co Ltd.
- Infinite Electronics International Inc.
- Belden Inc.
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Nexans SA
- DBA Primus Cable
- Huzhou Shumai Cable Co., Ltd.
- Leoni AG
- General Cable Technology Corporation
- Prysmian Group
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on LAN Cable Market, Request for a Sample
Global LAN Cable Market: Research Scope
Global LAN Cable Market, by Type
- CAT 6 Cable
- CAT 6A Cable
- CAT 7 Cable
- CAT 5E Cable
- CAT 5 Cable
Global LAN Cable Market, by Applications
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.