Lactose is the primary source of energy and the sugar molecule which is present in the milk. Lactose is made up of glucose and galactose. Lactose free food products are those food products which are specially made without lactose. In Lactose free food products the content of lactose is reduced or removed. This is achieved by breaking the lactose molecule present in the food into glucose and galactose. Lactose-free foods are specially prepared for those individuals who are intolerant towards lactose. People those who are intolerant towards lactose do not have sufficient amount of lactase, the enzyme which breaks lactose into glucose and galactose. So the main purpose behind the production of lactose free food products is to provide all the nutritional benefits of the product without having any adverse reactions. Lactose free food products are easy to digest and the demand for lactose-free food products is accelerating due to the increased incidences of food allergies and intolerances.
Lactose Free Food Products Market Segmentation:
Lactose free food products Market is segmented on the basis of product, distribution channel and Region. On the basis of type the lactose free food market is segmented into Lactose-free dairy, Lactose-free ice cream and Lactose-free milk formula. The Lactose free dairy segment includes lactose free cheese, milk, yogurt (set and drinking yogurt) and milk powder and seems to be the dominant segment as compared to others. Lactose-free ice cream segment is also expected to grow at a faster rate in the coming years. On the basis of distribution channel the lactose free food market is segmented into hypermarket/ supermarket, convenience store, pharmacies/drugstore, and online. Among the segments, pharmacies/drugstore and convenience store accounted for major market share in terms of revenue. On the basis of region the market of lactose free foods are segmented into Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific.
Lactose Free Food Products Market drivers:
With the increase in awareness among consumers of the health benefits associated with lactose free food products is expected to drive the market of lactose free foods in the forecast period. The increasing number of lactose intolerance patients is among the major driving factors for market growth. In United States, the scenario is that, out of three individuals one individual is lactose intolerant which is in a way increasing the demand for lactose-free food products. Factors like the introduction of lactose-free ice cream and other products is likely to propel the growth of lactose free food products market in the coming years. Lactose free beverage is also getting its space and popularity in the lactose free food market share, and in the forecast period there will be a huge demand for it. To remain competitive in the market the vendors are coming up with new unprecedented lactose free food products and are doing the research and development on it.
Lactose Free Food Products Market Regional Outlook:
Regional segment for the market of Lactose free food products is divided into five different regions: Latin America, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific. Among these, North America is estimated to have the largest market share for lactose free food market, followed by Europe.
Lactose Free Food Products Market Key Players:
The Key Players in the lactose free food products Market are as follows: Arla Foods, GCMMF (Amul), OMIRA Oberland Milchverwertung Ravensburg, Parmalat, Valio, McNeil Nutritionals, LLC (Lactaid), and CrowleyFoods, Yoplait USA, INC., Agropur Cooperative (Natrel), Edlong Dairy Technologies among the others. Agropur Cooperative (Natrel) recently introduced on-the-go lactose free milk in single serving and chocolate flavor for ease of convenience.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.