KVM is an abbreviation for Keyboard, Video (monitor) and Mouse, which is sometimes also called an Electronic switch or a PC switch. It offers various applications including to switch, control, and manage many personal computers via a single mouse, monitor, and keyboard. Furthermore, KVM switch is available with various number of ports such as 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 ports.
It offers reduced costs, space, and increases management efficiency. Moreover, there are various type of KVM switches including enumerated KVM switch, multiuser KVM switch, analog KVM switch, digital KVM switch. Indeed, digital KVM switches are used to control servers from varied IP connections located in remote locations, whereas analog KVM switch are used to support varied platforms and technologies that are operated through single direct cable connection between computer and console. Moreover, these are used by various end users such as industries, enterprises, governments, military, and others.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report here
KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market - Competitive Landscape
The KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market is highly fragmented with various players. Leading market players are focusing on further innovative developments of Keyboard, Video, and Mouse Switches to overcome existing limits and enhance the operational efficiency.
- In June 2019, Thinklogical announced TLX1280 keyboard, video, and mouse switch. This is one of the largest matrix switch 10G Matrix Switch with 1280 ports. This expected provide switching of USB, AV, IT, KVM, audio, video, and computer peripheral signals.
- In March 2019, G&D announced the launch of the KVM-over-IP keyboard, video, and mouse switch. This is design to enables highly scalable and flexible distributed switching of computer signals
- In October 2017, IHSE introduced enterprise level large IHSE Draco tera KVM switching system. Further, this switches expected to offer secure and reliable operation for broadcasters and producers
Founded in 1955, Fujitsu Ltd., a key player in KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market, is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It is one of the oldest IT companies which was established after IBM but before Hewlett Packard. The company mainly manufactures computing products. It also offers a wide range of services and products such as enterprise computing, personal computing, advanced microelectronics and telecommunications. Fujitsu Ltd. Is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
Established in 1939, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP is based in Hanover Street, Palo Alto, California, The U.S. It is one of the leading manufacturer and supplier of optical devices. The company was formed in 2015 after it was spun off from HP Company. The company's CCM services enables enterprise to consolidate, transform, personalize, and measure customer communications at their own pace along with maximizing its existing investments
Founded in 1986, Spectrum Instruments Inc.is headquartered in Dongguan, Guangdong, China. It specialized in providing video surveillance (ip), wireless, storage, switching, smart home ecosystem, and other products. The company has its sales offices throughout the world.
Founded in 1984, Dell Inc. is based in Round Rock, Texas, the U.S. Moreover, the company provides various digital and IT services and products. Dell is a part of the Dell Technologies family of brands. Furthermore, the company has its presence in more than 180 countries worldwide.
APC (Schneider Electric)
Established in 1981, APC (Schneider Electric) is headquartered in West Kingston, RI, the U.S. The company provides protection against some of the leading causes of data loss, and downtime. Moreover, company has its manufacturing facilities on three continents and sales offices are throughout the world.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report here
KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market - Dynamics
Increasing demand of data centers for ingestion, computation, storage, and management of information
The expansion of small and medium enterprises expected to fuel the demand of the data centers worldwide. These data centers plays vital role of ingestion, computation, storage, and management of information. Further, the increasing demand and investment for data centers anticipated to increase demand of the keyboard, video, and mouse switches
Increasing demand from emerging countries
In the recent years, the increasing trend of data localization and various government of initiatives of data localization expected to drive growth of data centers. Further expected to increase demand of the KVM switches during forecast period.
KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market – Segmentation
On the basis of type, the KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market can be divided into:
- Enumerated KVM Switch
- Multiuser KVM Switch
- Analog KVM Switch
- Digital KVM Switch
On the basis of end-use industry, the KVM (Keyboard, Video, and Mouse) Switch Market can be segregated into:
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.