Krypton Gas Market: A Non-reactive Noble Gas
- Krypton gas is a rare gas that is found in very low concentrations in air. It is produced by using the Linde process of air separation. Due to its physical properties, krypton gas accumulates along with xenon present in the liquid oxygen at the bottom of the rectification column.
- Krypton gas has high insulating properties. They exhibit a high rate of heat dissipation when used in energy-efficient windows. In addition, krypton gas has properties such low thermal conductivity, which increases the effectiveness of insulation.
- Krypton gas is used as a filler gas in halogen bulbs, gas discharge tubes, and energy-saving bulbs in illuminated billboards or large hoardings. Additionally, a radioactive isotope of krypton gas is primarily used as a tracer for the study of surface reactions and other applications, such as lithographic fabrication of semiconductors.
- Krypton gas is also employed as a filling for thermally insulating windows, lighting, and laser. Insulating windows is expected to be a major segment of the global krypton gas market, owing to rapid growth of the global building & construction sector. In the manufacture of insulating glass, krypton gas is primarily used as a filling between flat glass panes fitted into heat-insulating and sound-absorbing glass windows.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Krypton Gas Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Krypton Gas Market
- Rising demand for energy-efficient infrastructure and shifting trend toward sustainable construction techniques including zero-energy buildings, energy-efficient buildings, and growth of the construction industry are expected to drive the demand for insulated glass windows in the near future. Additionally, rapid urbanization and commercialization and stringent government regulations in developed as well as developing countries are other factors fueling the demand for insulated glass windows. This, in turn, is likely to boost the global market for krypton gas in the near future.
- Increase in the development of new technologies for production of krypton gas across the globe is expected to create new opportunities for the global krypton gas market during the forecast period
- High price and low availability of xenon is another factor expected to drive the global krypton gas market. Owing to its higher availability than xenon, has led to an increase in research & development activities on the use of krypton gas as a potential substitute of xenon ion thrusters, which is commonly used in satellite for spacecraft propulsion.
- Additionally, krypton gas is extensively employed in manufacturing of tungsten due to the larger molecule size of krypton gas, delays the evaporation of the tungsten filament and increases bulb life. This results in higher light output of lamps, wherein krypton gas is extensively used in comparison to argon gas.
Availability of Substitutes and High Cost of Production to Hamper Market
- Availability of substitutes including xenon and argon is anticipated to hinder the global krypton gas market in the near future. Being inexpensive and of higher-quality than krypton gas, xenon is used as a substitute for krypton in the production of insulated glass windows.
- Additionally, argon has lower thermal conductivity and it is inexpensive than krypton or xenon gas. This makes argon a potential substitute for krypton gas.
- Rise in the adoption of LED lamps in the lighting industry is expected to hamper the demand for incandescent lamps with krypton gas used in them in the next few years
Europe and Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Krypton Gas Market
- Geographically, the global krypton gas market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of production, Europe held a major share of the global krypton gas market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific
- Rising government initiatives and growth of the building & construction sector in Europe are projected to drive the demand for sustainable buildings in the region during the forecast period
- Growth of the semiconductor sector in Asia Pacific is attributable to rapid technological innovations and rising demand for chips in in the artificial intelligence industry in the region. Since krypton gas is extensively employed in the production of excimer laser, the demand for the gas in Asia Pacific is projected to increase in the next few years. Excimer laser is a form of ultraviolet laser, which is primarily required in the production of microelectronic equipment and devices, semiconductor-based integrated chips or circuits, and micromachining.
- The krypton gas market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is highly consolidated in nature. The two regions rely on imports from Europe and North America to fulfill their demand for krypton gas.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Krypton Gas Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Krypton Gas Market:
The global krypton gas market is highly fragmented in nature, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Air Liquide SA, Praxair Inc., and Linde AG are likely to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period. A few of the key players operating in the global krypton gas market are:
- Nanjing Special Gas
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- AIR WATER INC.
- Praxair Technology, Inc.
- BASF SE
- The Linde Group
- Ice Blick
- Gulf Cryo
- Shengying Gas
- Proton Gases
- RasGas Company Limited
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- Messer Group
- Universal Industrial Gases, Inc.
Global Krypton Gas Market: Research Scope
Global Krypton Gas Market, by Application
- Insulating Glass Windows
- Others (Including R&D and Sputtering)
Global Krypton Gas Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.