Krypton Gas Market: A Non-reactive Noble Gas
- Krypton gas is a rare gas that is found in very low concentrations in air. It is produced by using the Linde process of air separation. Due to its physical properties, krypton gas accumulates along with xenon present in the liquid oxygen at the bottom of the rectification column.
- Krypton gas has high insulating properties. They exhibit a high rate of heat dissipation when used in energy-efficient windows. In addition, krypton gas has properties such low thermal conductivity, which increases the effectiveness of insulation.
- Krypton gas is used as a filler gas in halogen bulbs, gas discharge tubes, and energy-saving bulbs in illuminated billboards or large hoardings. Additionally, a radioactive isotope of krypton gas is primarily used as a tracer for the study of surface reactions and other applications, such as lithographic fabrication of semiconductors.
- Krypton gas is also employed as a filling for thermally insulating windows, lighting, and laser. Insulating windows is expected to be a major segment of the global krypton gas market, owing to rapid growth of the global building & construction sector. In the manufacture of insulating glass, krypton gas is primarily used as a filling between flat glass panes fitted into heat-insulating and sound-absorbing glass windows.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Krypton Gas Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Krypton Gas Market
- Rising demand for energy-efficient infrastructure and shifting trend toward sustainable construction techniques including zero-energy buildings, energy-efficient buildings, and growth of the construction industry are expected to drive the demand for insulated glass windows in the near future. Additionally, rapid urbanization and commercialization and stringent government regulations in developed as well as developing countries are other factors fueling the demand for insulated glass windows. This, in turn, is likely to boost the global market for krypton gas in the near future.
- Increase in the development of new technologies for production of krypton gas across the globe is expected to create new opportunities for the global krypton gas market during the forecast period
- High price and low availability of xenon is another factor expected to drive the global krypton gas market. Owing to its higher availability than xenon, has led to an increase in research & development activities on the use of krypton gas as a potential substitute of xenon ion thrusters, which is commonly used in satellite for spacecraft propulsion.
- Additionally, krypton gas is extensively employed in manufacturing of tungsten due to the larger molecule size of krypton gas, delays the evaporation of the tungsten filament and increases bulb life. This results in higher light output of lamps, wherein krypton gas is extensively used in comparison to argon gas.
Availability of Substitutes and High Cost of Production to Hamper Market
- Availability of substitutes including xenon and argon is anticipated to hinder the global krypton gas market in the near future. Being inexpensive and of higher-quality than krypton gas, xenon is used as a substitute for krypton in the production of insulated glass windows.
- Additionally, argon has lower thermal conductivity and it is inexpensive than krypton or xenon gas. This makes argon a potential substitute for krypton gas.
- Rise in the adoption of LED lamps in the lighting industry is expected to hamper the demand for incandescent lamps with krypton gas used in them in the next few years
Europe and Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Krypton Gas Market
- Geographically, the global krypton gas market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of production, Europe held a major share of the global krypton gas market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific
- Rising government initiatives and growth of the building & construction sector in Europe are projected to drive the demand for sustainable buildings in the region during the forecast period
- Growth of the semiconductor sector in Asia Pacific is attributable to rapid technological innovations and rising demand for chips in in the artificial intelligence industry in the region. Since krypton gas is extensively employed in the production of excimer laser, the demand for the gas in Asia Pacific is projected to increase in the next few years. Excimer laser is a form of ultraviolet laser, which is primarily required in the production of microelectronic equipment and devices, semiconductor-based integrated chips or circuits, and micromachining.
- The krypton gas market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is highly consolidated in nature. The two regions rely on imports from Europe and North America to fulfill their demand for krypton gas.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Krypton Gas Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Krypton Gas Market:
The global krypton gas market is highly fragmented in nature, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Air Liquide SA, Praxair Inc., and Linde AG are likely to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period. A few of the key players operating in the global krypton gas market are:
- Nanjing Special Gas
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- AIR WATER INC.
- Praxair Technology, Inc.
- BASF SE
- The Linde Group
- Ice Blick
- Gulf Cryo
- Shengying Gas
- Proton Gases
- RasGas Company Limited
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- Messer Group
- Universal Industrial Gases, Inc.
Global Krypton Gas Market: Research Scope
Global Krypton Gas Market, by Application
- Insulating Glass Windows
- Others (Including R&D and Sputtering)
Global Krypton Gas Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.